Gig Posters

Posters: 154337 | Bands: 134516 | Designers: 11431                 

RSS Feeds

Username:   Password: 
Register      

Social Networking Activity                 

Bands  Designers  New Arrivals  Top Lists  Forums  Buy Posters  Submit  Merch Store  Advertise  Widgets  Help

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Civ

Default Civ

Ever since I heard their song on th Nissan commercial I have been listening to Set Your goals a lot.

Damn fine hardcore record. Damn fine indeed.

Premium Member

Comments

That CD has another great track - choices made I think it's called - good stuff.
    API Local, Member 025 - Hack For Life!
    http://www.fnharsh.com
    http://fnharshdesign.bigcartel.com/

that CD has held up so well since it was released.... like, extremely well. i had the pleasure of seeing them a ton when it came out and all the shows were great...

then the next album dropped and i didnt like it. sadly, the last time i saw them was a live performance at the Mtv Beachhouse in NJ...and that was by accident...

I saw them on the Set Your goals tour. Funny that it happened to be one of the shows I went with Mark McGrath to. (story from another thread today) It was a cool night. I also went with Jay from White Zombie and Joe Sib from Wax/ 22Jacks/ Side One records. CIV KILLED!

Never heard the record after this one. Probably for the best I didn't.

who played with them?

that tour, as i remember seeing it had a revolving lineup... on different times i saw them play with the Toadies, Helmet, Sick of it All, Shelter...and maybe the Swingin Utters.

Civ rules. I wish I could have seen them live.

Premium Member

Comments

i know i saw them play Guavaween in Tamp one year. Quicksand was suppose to headline but they broke up right before the show or something. nonetheless, Civ ruled that show.

i might have seen them at some early, maybe the first, Warped tour.
    is it happening? my junk frozed up - vastagh

Pretty sure Blagh Dahlia opened.

Comments

That first Civ album does still hold up pretty well (the second one was pretty awful). I only got to see them once, at the Warped Tour in '96, which isn't really the best place to see a band like that, but it was still a good show.

On a related note, Gorilla Biscuits just did a reunion show a couple weeks ago as a benefit for CBGB. There's a link to video from the show online here. It looks like it was a ton of fun...

Comments

Its funny I got in an argument with some people about who does the song in the Nissan commercial and I said it sounded like Gorilla Biscuits (Start Today to be specific) and everybody was like no, its someone more recent, like Blink 182.

Ha, in yo face, people!