Gig Posters

Posters: 155148 | Bands: 135208 | Designers: 11481                 

RSS Feeds

Username:   Password: 
Register      

Social Networking Activity                 

Bands  Designers  New Arrivals  Top Lists  Forums  Buy Posters  Submit  Merch Store  Advertise  Widgets  Help

Premium Member

Comments

Default Neil Young's Archives

He's been promising them for years, crossing my fingers they'll be coming soon. He recorded EVERYTHING he did, including whole albums that never came out.

---------

Meanwhile, Young had been working steadily on releasing digital versions of the music in archives that date back more than 40 years. The last time he was on the verge of releasing archival material, he changed his mind when improvements in technology promised higher fidelity and he started a new round of remastering. Young recently renewed his longtime contract with Reprise Records, which will release the first volume of his archives covering 1963 to 1973 as a set of eight DVDs or CDs.

The DVDs, with high-resolution audio, also include visuals and annotations; for instance, with material recorded in the 1960s at the Riverboat Coffeehouse, Young reconstructed images of the club. "You can see everything but me," he said. "I'm like a ghost."

The archive project has been as time-consuming as Prairie Wind was spontaneous. "When I do finally get it out there, it's going to be a great relief," Young said. "It's like a huge overcoat that I wear. It's got a lot of pockets in it. Some of them are full of diamonds. Some of them are just full of lead. It's a burden, but it's getting lighter."

Going through the archive has let Young second-guess his memories. "There are some things in it that are just unbelievable, records that I don't know why I never released," he said. "I look at what I released during that period, and I go, 'Wow, what was I thinking?' But life is like that."

------------

http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistory...inment/3320396
    Super-absorbant, for those messy spills:
    Forbidden Eye Design | Chateau Vulgaria

Premium Member

Comments

YES! The bio Shakey talks about how he's had a staff working on it full time for years. Can't wait.

Plantweed: Do you have the A Perfect Echo 8 disc set?
    Eye Noise posters: www.eyenoise.net

Comments

i've been hearing this for about 10 years. i'll believe it when i see it

Comments

i hope this happens.

Premium Member

Comments

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Scott
    Plantweed: Do you have the A Perfect Echo 8 disc set?
    No, what is it? I have a 5-disc set of unreleased stuff called Archives Be Damned.
    Super-absorbant, for those messy spills:
    Forbidden Eye Design | Chateau Vulgaria

Comments

Either one of you guys want to do a little trading or perhaps burn me a copy of the box sets?