Gig Posters

Posters: 156357 | Bands: 135975 | Designers: 11549                 

RSS Feeds

Username:   Password: 
Register      

Social Networking Activity                 

Bands  Designers  New Arrivals  Top Lists  Forums  Buy Posters  Submit  Merch Store  Advertise  Widgets  Help

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Premium Member

Comments

Well, all poster artists are fans of music, well Id assume so, as you keep doing it, for little to NO return, and put up with all the shit thats involved... you must like music!

Whats the shittiest piece of merchandise youve ever come across for a band? Or the lamest thing that a band has tried to sell as merchandise.

I think the lil Barbie n Ken dolls made up to be Boy george, britny spears the beatles, the doors, metallica Creed etc... They have a doll for everyone...

Beatles wigs, were bad, and Michael jackson sequinned Gloves... hahahahahaha.

U2 did Lemon Condoms, I got 3 packs of em, never used but..... Jeff beck Guitar Picks... they promod a box set he did... fucking stupid, cause i always thought jeff never used a pick.... obviously his record company didnt know this....

any one else with any yarns?
    www.mrfrumpy.com

"An artwork is normally assessed in quality by the amount of stimulation it brings about. The impact it has on people, the number of people that can relate to it, the degree of their appreciation, and the effect or influence it has or has had in the past, all accumulate to the 'degree of art.' Most artworks that are widely considered to be "masterpieces" possess these attributes." - Frank Kozik

I deleted the duplicate topic. (just so you know)

Premium Member

Comments

I create concert merchandise for a living...so I have been told to create some crazy stuff...
    The one that bothered me the most was that I had to make finger nail stickers with all of NSYNC's faces on them...so girls could wear them on thier hands...just awful...

Comments

When SOUNDGARDEN released that song HANDS ALL OVER, they stamped their names and the name of the song on a bunch of those battery operated rubber hands that slowly wiggle the fingers....you know, like the kind you can get from a gag shop or something...
    For 'RITUAL....', Janes Addiction actually released like a Santiera voodoo set...with all this tribal looking stuff in it.

Premium Member

Comments

Funny Actually, re: the janes addiction thing....I almost shelled out the 150 bucks for the voddoo doll, I saw it in a record shop ...sposed to be mega rare..... being as I thought JA was the greatest band ever, I seriously contemplated buying it... The Handcuff set for janes was odd... also the Clothes hanger with a lifesize head of hendrix on it, it looked like Jimi was wearing the clothes....duh! he was printed in black n white.

Premium Member

Comments

what about KISS coffins? did anyone see gene simmons on conan o'brian last week....................sad................

Comments

or the kiss bubbling water fountain heads.....the water is blood red of course!!! I AM THE GOD OF CHEESE

Comments

Lamest thing ever: Hatebreed (redneck metal hardcore schlock) had a License Plate Holder (one of those plastic things that goes around the plate like some dealers put on cars) with their name and some lame song lyric on it. These dudes also had panties...riciculous. Pulp having panties makes sense, Hatebreed having em is stupid.

The Locust and Camera Obscura "vanity compacts/mirrors" (aka cocaine mirrors) were funny, and I almost bought the Locust belt buckle.

Comments

lamest- H20 NY license plates

Knives Out (local hardcore on Deathwish records w) has personalized switchblade combs, not to mention one of the best band names ever

Comments

dude! I missed seeing Knives Out like two weeks ago! Now I'm real pissed I missed em....next time I suppose