Gig Posters

Posters: 154832 | Bands: 134937 | Designers: 11469                 

RSS Feeds

Username:   Password: 
Register      

Social Networking Activity                 

Bands  Designers  New Arrivals  Top Lists  Forums  Buy Posters  Submit  Merch Store  Advertise  Widgets  Help

View Poll Results: Who wants another poster assignment?

Voters
88. You may not vote on this poll
  • I do!

69 78.41%
  • I don't have time to participate.

10 11.36%
  • Only if its a good one

9 10.23%
  • No

0 0%
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Head Honcho

Comments

Default Poster Assignment Poll

If you want another one... and have any ideas.. post it in here..
    *PLEASE DO NOT PM ME WITH SUPPORT REQUESTS - CLICK THE CONTACT LINK AT THE BOTTOM OF THE PAGE*

Please, oh please let me give you all an assignment. As you all know I'm like a TOTAL metal dude. I'd love to give you guys something like I encounter everyday. It's all together different than the stuff you usualy get asked to do. I'll make it very authentic to my general requests.

Comments

i'd be interested in mike's assignment. i'm always looking for different and challenging stuff to do. finding time is the hard part.

... i ment to do all the 'assignments but.......i suck. don't take it personally clay, i got thrown out of otis/parsons after only 6weeks for being a fuck-up.

ok, hows this for the idea:

*assignment*:
    *flatstock 2 poster
    this is fun project and something alot of us need to do anyway (altho this is definetely not limited to 'the stockers'). plus, this time around, the more posters the better ("hey ralphie! did you hear the one about the promotions artists convention that didn't promote themselves?"). everyone in to support the cause.

*limitations*:
    *theme: texas, posters and pork
    *color/size: unless you were planning to do your own screenprint keep all multi-color designs to an 11x17 or 8.5x11 format.
    *include: all the names of attending artist ( for now just use the same names from fs1. i think they are still at flatstock.com).

that's it.

Comments
    Items for Sale

I think the poster assignments are good things and I think that I won't take part in them anymore. I fear my goofy-ass joke attempts sort of takes away from the legitimacy of the thing (at least to some of the newer folks) and I don't want to do that. Besides, I need to stop wasting large chunks of time on silly P-shopped pics just to amuse you schmuckys. God Damned It.

It's a good thing. Keep doin em Clayo.

Head Honcho

Comments

Quote Originally Posted by MaximumFluoride
    Please, oh please let me give you all an assignment. As you all know I'm like a TOTAL metal dude. I'd love to give you guys something like I encounter everyday. It's all together different than the stuff you usualy get asked to do. I'll make it very authentic to my general requests.
    Email me or PM your idea Mike!
    *PLEASE DO NOT PM ME WITH SUPPORT REQUESTS - CLICK THE CONTACT LINK AT THE BOTTOM OF THE PAGE*

Comments

Quote Originally Posted by scrojo
    *theme: texas, posters and pork
    dude... you're talking my language...

I'm definatly into doing the assignments more now than before. Why not let us send you ideas so that you don't have to come with one ever time. You could keep the best ones at the top of the stack (you'll have an archive of poster assignment ideas)... Just a thought.

Head Honcho

Comments

*the poster class can still work*
    we just need to seperate it a bit from our usual 'gig-mentality'.

we definetly get into the progression of being a bunch of 'smart-assed chatty-kathys'. it's fun, silly and sometimes brilliant /informative but........it ain't teaching.

* my thoughts to 're-vive' the class:

a): start w/ an image. weather we have to stay true to the 'image' or not at least we have a tangible 'starting/reference' point.

b): constructive/informative critique first, let us kno your personal opinion/expierience, how you would do things different, how could things be changed to be a better poster......then go into the silly 'pork-speak'.

c): "no-timers": we don't have to do the 'assignment' but i think we could devote 15-20 minutes a week to give pointers/advice ( lay-out: chantry? kozik? factor27, print mafia, chloe-n-yannick..?..........illustration:jay ryan,jermaine, hampton, burwell, ewing, emek, myself..?.....technical:.....?)

them's my thoughts.

Comments

here's my advice: go to law school and study copyright/intellectual property law.