Gig Posters

Posters: 156357 | Bands: 135967 | Designers: 11549                 

RSS Feeds

Username:   Password: 
Register      

Social Networking Activity                 

Bands  Designers  New Arrivals  Top Lists  Forums  Buy Posters  Submit  Merch Store  Advertise  Widgets  Help

Comments

Default BLACK CROWES & TOM PETTY

Man oh Man, I saw this concert last night and it was better than I had expected. If anyone out there is going to see them or is kinda on the fence about going, all I can say is..."Go!!" You will enjoy it and appreciate the magnificent musicianship of both of these groups. They are so freakin talented. They played all of their hits and were flawless in their performances. The Black Crowes are a throw-back to when music was good and had blues, rhythm and soul with that hard edge of rock. Slide guitars and Chris Robinson's voice was superb. If you have a love for the Crowes or others like the Allman Bros, Skynyrd, etc. then you will truly dig this. It's just feel good music. I know I don't have to persuade many of you, but this is just me reflecting upon what a great time I had.

Now for Petty and the Heartbreakers, just plain ol' fantastic. One of the groups I have always wanted to see but never had. All of you guitarists out there will love it. Tom and Mike Campbell played every classic guitar you can think of, they roted them in for every song. They has a slew of Gibson's - SG's, Firebirds, White Falcon's, Les Paul's, some Rickenbackers, some Tele's and Strat's, some Epiphones and even Danelectro. They were are gorgeous sounding. They played all of their hits too and the crowd was great.

This was just a fun night that I had and maybe I'm just getting old, but it was so nice and refreshing to watch a great rock n roll show like the good ol' days when bands were actually filled with talented musicians that had 20 plus years of success. I think a lot of the bands nowadays could learn a lot from watching how these masters do it. Music is one of the greatest things in my life and this concert was a show done properly.

Comments

I have tickets for the San Diego show. I've always been a huge Petty fan, so I'm excited. Last time I saw him was when wildflowers came out 10 years ago.

Comments

You'll dig it. He played "Honey Bee" and "You Don't Know How It Feels" from that album. The herb was flowing on that song.

Comments

sounds like an awesome feel good summertime trip.

Premium Member

Comments

"You Got Lucky" was the first video to make me go, "damn".
    "no one best touch my Benz or capriz, lest they want a foo in dey azz" -Merf
    "pancakes sound dope." -Peveto

"Jesus pancakes sound dope." -Peveto 2010
    "i'm dropping like mad, yo." -Jay Ryan
    "Any halftizzles up in yo shizzle? You've got moizizzle." -RichieGoodtimes
    "bdix - 5 stars" -Poguemahone
    "hail the mighty bacon." -Farley
    "them's some sweet socks" -Fruitstripe Peveto
    "not with you the force is" - Ferg

posters
    twitter
    twitter KLCTVEfusion
    facebook
    d
    ribble

Comments

Totally a feel good summertime trip. Especially being an outdoor ampitheater concert on a hot summer night. Lots of belly shirts, bikini tops, short shorts and you should have seen what the chicks were wearing. )

Premium Member

Comments

I saw this show Jun 21 at Jones Beach Ampitheatre. It was really good, but Tom Petty completely overshadowed the Black Crowes performance-wise.

Comments

I gotta agree Brendan. Tom was working the crowd. Got them all hootin and hollerin. The Crowes were great, but Petty was over the top great. Everyone was singing along to "Don't Come Around Here No More"/"American Girl"/"Even The Losers"/"Last Dance With Mary Jane"/"Refugee"/"Breakdown" nad he even did "Knockin On Heaven's Door" and the Traveling Wilbury's hit "Handle With Care". The Heartbreakers are just an amazing bunch of musicians with great songs that everyone knows. The Black Crowes did stellar versions of "She Talks To Angels'/"Twice As Hard" and "Remedy". But you're right Tom Petty overshadowed them.

Comments

saw the crowes here last week and i must say "one of the best shows ive seen in awhile"

Comments

they are truly a throwback to a real band that can communicate with a crowd. summertime festival style.