Gig Posters

Posters: 156388 | Bands: 135996 | Designers: 11550                 

RSS Feeds

Username:   Password: 
Register      

Social Networking Activity                 

Bands  Designers  New Arrivals  Top Lists  Forums  Buy Posters  Submit  Merch Store  Advertise  Widgets  Help

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Andy mentioned the use of Emulsion Reclaiming Crystals as an emulsion remover alternative or an emulsion remover substitute. I have used these for years. I started right after I visited one screenprint supplier and saw an employing filling plastic bottles with water on the loading dock while I waited on my order. Inquisitively, I asked what he was doing, since the building obviously had running water. He explained that they were making emulsion remover. I watched as he measured out a scoop of crystals from a container and after placing it in the empty bottle, he filled it with water and repeated this over and over. I asked him what the crystals were to which he replied, "Top Secret! They don't tell me!"

The idea came to me that it would probably be less expensive to buy these crystals. So, the next time I was at the supplier, I mentioned that I wanted to order a jar of emulsion reclaiming crystals. After a long look of astonishment, the owner told me that emulsion remover only comes in liquid form and he didn't know anything about crystals.

A week later, I contacted Bob Drake at Performance Screen Supply and asked him about the crystals. He not only sold them in 32 ounce jars, but went into a discussion of how emulsion remover made with crystals costs only about $4 or $5 a gallon compared to $20 to $30 for the same product pre-mixed. He explained that it is the cost of shipping the water at 8 lbs. per gallon that drives up the price. I have been buying my crystals from Performance Screen Supply ever since. They are online at 800-659-8337 | Performance Screen Supply Screen Printing Equipment. Tell Bob, I sent you. It won't get you a discount and I make nothing off the sale, but Bob will get a kick out of hearing my name.

Comments

Wow, this thread is super old. Whatever link Andy had posted is long dead.
    "ENM is pure sex." - Frank Kozik
    Portfolio Photos Blog

Comments

wait what?!

Premium Member

Comments

Bill is like Rip Van Winkle - just had a nap and woke up.

the crystal thing is true.

ENM, did you ever go a printin'?

And screenweb seem to have disappeared their forums. they were nothing but spam for the last few years. I got rid of my forum/ news feed on squeegeeville for the same reason. Junk mail is junk mail no matter what century or communication method you use. Why is that?
    Andymac

services www.squeegeeville.com
    equipment www.tmiscreenprinting.com

Todo es empezar.

Comments

Never did print for myself, but I still can! Got my own house now. Man, time flies!
    I really need to join a Martha Street Studio class once I get out of the financial hole I'm in.
    "ENM is pure sex." - Frank Kozik
    Portfolio Photos Blog

Comments

Hooray, at least you don't live with your mom!