Gig Posters

Posters: 152981 | Bands: 133625 | Designers: 11366                 

RSS Feeds

Username:   Password: 
Register      

Social Networking Activity                 

Bands  Designers  New Arrivals  Top Lists  Forums  Buy Posters  Submit  Merch Store  Advertise  Widgets  Help

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Comments

ANY event..planned or unplanned, which would you choose to do a poster for? No matter how big or how insignificant. The ULTIMATE gigposter....The Big Bang? Building of the pyramids? Destruction Of Atlantis? Birth of Christ? Van Gogh cutting off his ear? Sinking of the Titanic? JFK assasination? Rick Griffin's first childhood drawing?
    Your birth? Your wedding day?
    Just wondering....

Comments

Kiss's first live show they opened for Iggy and the Stooges! I wish I would die and come back and be a poster guy in Detroit and do this one. Fuck man. That's gotta be the coolest bill ever!
    Okaly dokaly.
    D

Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.s speech at the Washington Monument.

Any Cavern Club Beatles show.

Protest poster of the Kent state murders.

A poster celebrating the emancipation proclamation.

A poster for my Dad that he could've seen before he died in 99. Just a poster to say he was a cool mofo.

Comments

Dude, you just scored so many points with the "D" on your "Any Beatles Cavern club show" comment. The Beatles are 100% the biggest influence on me with my music and my art, how much do you rule........the toilet stool?
    D

Comments

speed, all sarcasm aside, i would dig to do a poster for your Pops! As a matter of fact I'm gonna just do it! I'm serios!
    D

Mono,
    Thanks, but I already did it. I do it every year now. It was his fave picture I took of these trains. The first year I hand pressed 150 on the day we buried him. The following year I used it for Neil Young and Beck, and now it's almost time to do it again. I lost all of the other ones in the fire that destroyed my studio last year. But thanks, that means alot.

Oh yeah, and for Supergrass in 2000. I use the same everything, including a little letter to my Dad, just change the color schemes and band names.

This may seem a little morbid and I'm sure i can come up with something a little more inspired if i try but this the first thing that jumped into my mind......

Legend has it that Darby Crash of the Germs made a little poster that read "Here lies darby Crash" with a little arrow pointing down and hung it over his head as he administered his lethal dose of heroin.

I would like to have made that poster.....

Premium Member

Comments

Any Janes Addiction early poster where it was an anything goes poster space... I think the promo posters for the bible would be a hoot... You could push the underground struggling fiction novelist angle, of course Id have given it a sub-title ( Chinese Whispers )... Maybe a Horoshima was a Blast poster with loads of disturbing images pushing the anti Nuclear message.. tsk tsk, I know.....

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mr Frumpy on 2002-02-08 039 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mr Frumpy on 2002-02-08 03:10 ]</font>

Comments

"I think the promo posters for the bible would be a hoot" You are sick mutha %%%%%%%! You know......your right!
    D