Gig Posters

Posters: 155198 | Bands: 135211 | Designers: 11481                 

RSS Feeds

Username:   Password: 
Register      

Social Networking Activity                 

Bands  Designers  New Arrivals  Top Lists  Forums  Buy Posters  Submit  Merch Store  Advertise  Widgets  Help

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

If anyone can get a hold of "Pervirella" ("the finest in British garage trash cinema") I recommend it. All the sets seem to be hand made out of cardboard and the plot twists and turns around the world. There's a cameo by Billy Childish (a favorite artist/author/musician of mine). There's also lots of boobies.

Also, krazy Margot Kidder in "Amityville" has some great moments. In one sexy scene she's wearing a daisy in her hair, an unbuttoned silk shirt (VERY soft focus 70's) and a thigh high knit leg warmer (but only on ONE leg. Bizaare.) ((Did you know she went crazy because she spent something like 5 years writing her life story and when she finally completed it, her computer crashed and she lost everything?))

Comments

visually:
    city of lost children
    traffic, all those cool lenses
    warriors. i dunno. i lived in NYC when it was made, and boy it brings me right back to the ghetto whenever i catch it on tv.
    the road warriors, pretty imaginative sets/props/etc
    waterworld, same reason, and i know i'm the ONLY person in the world who actually liked it.
    there's more...

Comments

It took FIVE years for Margot Kidder to write her autobiograpy? How many ways can you say, "I was in Superman".

Billy Childish is a genius. Haven't seen Pervirella yet. Must pick it up...

Comments

I love "Run Lola, Run". It's a German flick with American subtitles. Great story.

"El Mariachi," by Robert Rodriguez. It was a great movie, then he got famous and made Desperado with Antonio Bandeho. It's a great movie, go rent it.

"The Wild Bunch," with Gregory Peck and Ernest Borgnine. The first five minutes are great! And it's got the bloodiest battle in movie history or something. It's a western (don't love 'em - don't hate 'em), but it's a great flick.

That's all I can recall right now. Check 'em out though, you'll be glad you did.

-matter

Funny, I just watched Run Lola Run with my housemates the other day. Cool animation.

Comments

Videodrome, The Ipcress File, Taxi Driver, Office Space, Decline Of The Western Civilization, House Of Games.......too many more to mention.

Cool Hand Luke,
    Everytime I watch it I feel like I'm watching an exxaggerated version of my life.
    Makes me hate the MAN even more.

Say Anything
    C'mon, John Cusack rules.

REM Tour Film-awesome

Box of moonlight.

Comments

i seen bits of "the born losers" & associated stuff...cool american trashy fillum....
    anything by jan svankmeyer, including his version of Alice......
    my fave horror: From Beyond, based on a H.P. Lovecraft story, cheesey & scarey too...the exorcist of course...
    & a bunch of david lynch, & goin further back, some old surrealist films if ya can find em, eg. "un chien andalou"/ l'age d'or"
    very strange scary (original)surreal stuff...
    i was in a cool drug addled rock'n'roll psycho killer road movie called Snakeskin, last year, worth a look if it turns up at a festival near you...
    oh yeah...any Planet of the Apes of course...