Gig Posters

Posters: 156388 | Bands: 135996 | Designers: 11550                 

RSS Feeds

Username:   Password: 
Register      

Social Networking Activity                 

Bands  Designers  New Arrivals  Top Lists  Forums  Buy Posters  Submit  Merch Store  Advertise  Widgets  Help

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Comments

Default ***OFFICIAL SxSW-Flatstock 2 Hotel Lodgings Thread***

First off, let me say that Id like to reserve this thread for official Flatstock 2 lodging questions and info only. Go elsewhere with the bacon posts, please...sos I dont have to wade through that stuff to get to legitimate questions and concerns.
    That being said, the establishment that we are considering for FLATSTOCK 2 preferred lodging will be the HAWTHORN SUITES Northwest in Austin, Texas. They are located about 10 -15 minutes from the SxSW activities, almost a straight shot down Mopac Drive from the festivities downtown. If youve ever seen the HAWTHORN SUITES, then you know that this is QUALITY stuff. Nice, clean, tons of space...very sweet. The rates they are offering FLATSTOCK participants are $60 a night for
    a one bedroom suite and $50 a night for a standard hotel room. The one
    bedroom suite is essentially a small one bedroom apartment, with a separate
    bedroom and a king sized bed, a living room with a sofa that folds out into
    a full sized sofa-sleeper bed and a full kitchen with oven, stove, coffe
    maker, microwave and dishwasher, as well as pots and pans and utensils, etc.
    The standard hotel room is pretty much that - it's going to have two double
    beds and a mini-refrigerator and coffe maker. Both room types have
    irons/ironing boards and blow dryers should anyone associated with Flatstock
    be concerned with their appearance. The hotel allows one to four people to
    stay in either room type, and with the double beds and sofa sleeper, sharing
    rooms should be pretty easy, though with the suite one would get a little
    more privacy and there's a tv in the living room and bedroom. A hot
    breakfast buffet is included with the room rate. They've also got a meeting
    space that can accomodate approximately 50 that they'll set aside for
    Flatstock use at no extra charge.

During SXSW their typical rates for those two room types will be at least $109
    for the suite and $99 for the standard. So the prices they are proposing to us are pretty much half off. This is a pretty significant discount, especially during SxSW.

The best way to book the rooms would be for me to start off by getting the
    dates rooms would be needed and a rough idea of how many rooms are needed
    from you all. SxSW FLATSTOCK events are tentatively schedueled to begin on Thursday, March 13th with an after-hours artists reception. FLATSTOCK events in conjunction with SxSW will last until Saturday evening, March 15th. There is so much to see and do during SxSW, so you all need to figure out your schedueles.
    So, the target dates that most of you will probably be looking at for accomadations will be from Thursday, Mar. 13th - Sunday, Mar. 16th. Some will no doubt need to reserve lodgings for all 4 days, others for only 2 or 3. Look at your personal situations and let me know ASAP.

I need to know:
    -How many nights you'd need to stay
    -How many people are in your party: REMEMBER - The hotel allows one to four people to
    stay in either room type, so some of you may want to gang up amongst yourselves and pool your $$$ to save some jack. THINK.

I need that info. ASAP. Time is of the essence! The person hooking us up with this is quite a poster fan himself, and has knocked himself out to try and hook us up...and on short notice. For all of us that use this resource, it would be cool to maybe choose a couple of your posters to present to him as a thank you. He's worked hard to do this for us...giving us this kind of discount is amazing. During SxSW, it's unheard of. So, it's not mandatory, but it would be a great show of thanks for the huge amounts of money you'll be saving. Think about it.

SO FAR, the following folks have requested lodgings:

UNCLE CHARLIE and 1
    SCROJO & MAYNARD
    J
    GIGART and 1
    JERMAINE and 1
    FRANK KOZIK
    PIEMEL and 1
    ENGINEHOUSE and 1
    DAVE GINK
    JEFF KLEINSMITH & PATENT PENDING
    JIM (PRINT MAFIA) and 2
    CONNIE (PRINT MAFIA) and 2
    JUSTIN HAMPTON and 1
    JASON COOPER
    DROWNING CREEK
    MIKE DISTANTE and 1
    EMEK and 1
    AJ MAPES

(This list will be constantly updated) Remember, if you see someone alone on the list, pairing up with them may save you both some money, unless they WANT to be alone in their own seperate room.)

Premium Member

Comments

Right on Jermaine!
    I'm in for thursday-sunday, I guess a standard room. I may bump it up to a suite if people come with me.
    Thanks for hooking this up!

Comments

friday - saturday
    two people, me and my bitch.

Comments

Dude, them's cheap accomodations!

It is a little ways from the action, but you may find it refreshing to be a few miles from the chaos when you want to chill. I've stayed in hotels for $50 a night in the past few years, but they were shitholes. This place sounds good. Thanks for hooking up the people, Jermaine.

Comments

Do they have a Continental Breakfast? I'm looking for something with bacon?

dude....good job jermaine! thanks!

i'm not positive but i'm 87% sure me and maynard will want one of those $60 jobbies. it would be great if chloe and tara macphearson could round out our little quartet but the need to drop the restraining orders first.

Comments

Very cool! You guys are really going all out with this thing! Friggin Awesome!

anyway, I'll be in town Thursday (afternoon) through Sunday (evening). Three nights. Don't know if anyone feels safe enough to share with me (come on Scrojo, it won't be like last time. Promise), but I can float the room for now. Where do I send the check?

Thanks to everyone involved in setting this up. Just incredible.

Comments

Quote Originally Posted by scrojo
    it would be great if chloe and tara macphearson could round out our little quartet but the need to drop the restraining orders first.
    Hmmm... maybe if we kidnap them, they'll understand?

Anyway, I'm down Scrojo. As long as you promise not to steal the blankets this time... and breakfast is thrown into the deal!? Great, I can get my pork related jokes in at that time.

Premium Member

Comments

Hey Jermaine...thanks for doing all of this...very cool.

I will need a standard room (50 bucks/night) from the 13th-16th.
    I plan to have me and one other...

Thanks.

Comments

hey Gregg. Who you bringing?

NOTE: Check the first post in this thread for an updated list of all who have requested lodgings. If you have requested lodgings and do not see your name appear above, please PM me.