Gig Posters

Posters: 152981 | Bands: 133625 | Designers: 11366                 

RSS Feeds

Username:   Password: 
Register      

Social Networking Activity                 

Bands  Designers  New Arrivals  Top Lists  Forums  Buy Posters  Submit  Merch Store  Advertise  Widgets  Help

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Comments

Default Flatstock 2 update

READ THIS THEN GO TO THE END OF THIS THREAD FOR UPDATED INFO

Hey everybody. We are very close to having full support from SXSW for Flatstock 2. If they do support the event it will make things pretty smooth. Nels Jacobson is still working with SXSW to sponsor a Poster discussion panel. Daniel Lanois is the key note speaker this year and many other panelists have been chosen. Once we hear yes or no we will announce that as well.

If SXSW doesn't sponsor the event however we will go ahead with it for these dates below. Given that you can safely make reservations for the event. Dates are as follows.

SXSW music festival runs March 12th - 16th.

Our "ideal" we are working on now is:

Thursday 3/13:
    Discussion Panel (daytime event)
    Artist Reception (private party for attendees, afterhours or afternoon event with bands and stuff)

Friday 3/14:
    Flatstock Convention (11 or noon to 6 or 7)

Saturday 3/15:
    Flatstock Convention (11 or noon to 6 or 7)
    Jay Ryan dogpile 8PM sharp.

Right now the only thing we are pretty solid on is the event being Friday and Sat. Where it is held depends on SXSW. We are currently pursuing having the event in the Austin Convention Center. It will remain open to the public and the Convention Center is on 4th street, two blocks off 6th street where everything happens. The SXSW trade show and convention is in the same building so there will be lots of industry foot traffic. If SXSW doesn't come through with the location we will strive to get a suitable location in proximity to the 6th street/red river area.

The American Poster Institute will be sponsoring the event however you do not need to be a member to participate. The application fee will be $100.00 just like Flatstock 1. There will be an application form posted to www.flatstock.com in the coming weeks. It will have all the details on how and where to send the application fee. DO NOT SEND ANYTHING YET. Do work on your travel reservations though.

Jermaine will be posting hotel information soon. He is working on discount packages for the Hawthorn Suites. Reservations there is entirely up to you. Jermaine is trying to get a good deal though.

We need to get a rough idea on the number of expected participants one for Jermaine to reserve enough rooms and two to gauge how much space is needed for the convention. Currently here is a list of confirmed and interested artists:

Frank Kozik
    Patent Pending/Jeff Kleinsmith
    Jermaine Rogers
    Justin Hampton
    Aesthetic Apparatus
    EMEK
    Uncle Charlie
    Seripop
    Chuck Loose
    Jeral Tidwell
    Jay Ryan
    Drowning Creek
    Thomas Scott
    Jeff Matz
    Scrojo
    Gregg Gordon
    Jared Connor
    Mark Pedini
    Robert Jones
    Jaime Ward
    Murphy
    Jay Vollmar
    James Quigley
    Paul Imagine
    Nels Jacobson
    Enginehouse 13
    Factor27
    Noel Waggener
    Print Mafia
    Billy Bishop
    Jaime Cervantes
    Maximum Fluoride
    Spooky Kook
    Tara McPherson
    Darren Grealish
    Dave Gink
    Brutefish Graphics
    Billy Perkins
    Mike King
    Herzik
    Nocturnal Show Print
    Nick Butcher
    Steve Walters
    Delanorock
    Brian Curly
    S. Maynard Chastain
    Bryce McCloud
    Firehouse
    Dirk Fowler
    Andrio Abero

If you aren't on here just let me know so I can add you and get a count. We had about 40 artists in SF and expect more but we have to know what to expect. The $100 gets you a table and chairs and the invitation to the reception if we pull that off. Any participation in the SXSW music or film festival and costs associated with that are the sole responsibility of the artists. Wristbands are recommended to see shows at night but aren't a must. It all depends on who you are trying to see. Understand most clubs take the opportunity to charge $20 cover at every club, every night. Wristbands run about $100 and don't gurantee entrance but it does gurantee no cover and you get in before people without wristbands. I've been going to SXSW for the last 10 years and have only missed a few shows even without a wristband. Most misses have been without the wristband though.

For more info about SXSW and Austin hit these sites. I will post more when we get a definite answer from SXSW. Expect details to be solid by the first week of Jan. pending any unforeseen problems.

http://sxsw.com/

http://austin.citysearch.com/

http://www.austin360.com/

edit 12/16
    pasted from another post:

Although the Flatstock 2 event itself is open to the public the Artist Reception we hope to have will not be. You may attend that one of two ways.

1.) sign up for Flatstock 2 by submitting the $100 fee and receive your invitation along with the table assignment.

2.) join API by submitting the $20 fee and get in with your card.

One of the two will be needed to get in.

Since this is going to be an API sponsored event card carrying associates will be allowed to any API sponsored functions. Currently work is being done on the API and Flatstock web pages to allow people to sign up for each separate entity. Until they are up hold tight and save your dough. You will be able to sign up in plenty of time for Flatstock 2.

Also Flatstock tables can be shared for those with smaller portfolios. Only two studios will be allowed per table however. Also once space is procured if we run over, tables will be assigned on a lottery basis.

Feel free to e-mail me at gpeveto@factor27.com and I will answer as many questions as I can.

Comments

Can I have a pony for Christmas?

Comments

leave it to you to dick up a thread. How 'bout a bone pony? I hear Jermaine has one...

Comments

I could keep it in my room.

PLEASE?

Comments

What time is the SCROJO slave auction?

Comments

Premium Member

Comments

psst.. peveto dont forget im doing the donuts!
    "i pretty much think dave has nothing of any value to offer anyone on gigposters.com"-jay ryan
    "im the brown note of lighting"-me

PSTRSTOM-N-DAVE.COM •My Blog For New Attitions To Our Site ROMG!!!! •My Myspace Acct!

Comments

Quote Originally Posted by philaarts.com
    psst.. peveto dont forget im doing the donuts!
    donuts...is that some sort of east coast slang i'm not hep to?

Comments

yeah, it meas battered kittie paws with rice.

Comments

This thread is SUPPOSED to be for FSTOCK2 related info ONLY.

By the way, who's that corpse-looking chick in your avatar Mayer? Are you supposed to have some sort of attraction to that thing?