Gig Posters

Posters: 156388 | Bands: 135994 | Designers: 11550                 

RSS Feeds

Username:   Password: 
Register      

Social Networking Activity                 

Bands  Designers  New Arrivals  Top Lists  Forums  Buy Posters  Submit  Merch Store  Advertise  Widgets  Help

A section where people might go to find on-line reference to a lot of elemental things,such as composition basics and more technical things;this is all taught,of course but there are others who are essentially self-taught and improving your skill is a bit difficult if you don't know where to look.....

Head Honcho

Comments

Well .. that would certainly be a great addition. The problem is.. I've never made a poster in my life, so it would be an empty section. (unless, some designers would want to write up this section, and I can post it)

Comments

Go to your local Art School's bookstore. Or maybe even try a regular bookstore if your town doesn't have an art school. Online I've never found anything very useful along these lines, but there are tons of books out there thta cover all this stuff really well. I'll go home and make a list of what's been helpful for me, and try to list some of them tomorrow.

Comments

One thing I would like to see is a city guide with shops where you can find posters. this may not be really topic related but heck.... if you're ever in San Francisco go check out the following stores:

1. Amoeba (Haight St) - best record shop in the Bay. Lots of posters. Also has the original shop in Berkely on Telegraph

2. Off the Wall (Haight Street)

3. Art Rock - if you have too much money

4. Village Music in Mill Valley. Might not have many posters for sale but hell, you won't believe what this guy has hanging on the walls when it comes to gig posters from the 50 and 60's. A museum if there ever was one