Gig Posters

Posters: 155629 | Bands: 135530 | Designers: 11505                 

RSS Feeds

Username:   Password: 
Register      

Social Networking Activity                 

Bands  Designers  New Arrivals  Top Lists  Forums  Buy Posters  Submit  Merch Store  Advertise  Widgets  Help

Thread: TZ Diazo

Comments

Default TZ Diazo

i was wondering if anyone using TZ diazo emulsion had suggestions/comments about this product. i will be using 4 24" 20w BL bulbs to expose the screens. just wanted to get some tips before i started my exposure tests. i don't want to waste too much emulsion getting started.

Comments

Quote Originally Posted by stuntman
    i was wondering if anyone using TZ diazo emulsion had suggestions/comments about this product. i will be using 4 24" 20w BL bulbs to expose the screens. just wanted to get some tips before i started my exposure tests. i don't want to waste too much emulsion getting started.
    it'll work but i'd use at least 40 watt bulbs if you can get them.

Comments

With 6 30w 36" bulbs, my exposure time with vellum is around three minutes. It's the only stuff I've ever used and I'm pretty pleased with it.

Note: These are just regular fluorescent bulbs. I haven't searched out to find anything other than what they were selling at Lowe's.

Comments

TZ emulsion- yeah, I've been using it for the last coupla months, I'm using a single 500 halogen lamp from home depot. Exposure times have been about 11.5 to 12 minutes for me. Exposures have been clean, tight, hi-res, and durable. Sometimes too durable. I've had trouble reclaiming a couple of my screens and ultimately had to put new screens on the frames because the stencil gets locked in somehow. If I can't figure out how to stop this from happening I'm going to switch to good old qtx, because buying new screens every 2 or 3 posters is far less cost effective than the price break I get from TZ.

good luck.

Comments

Quote Originally Posted by Platinum Rich
    it'll work but i'd use at least 40 watt bulbs if you can get them.
    I was under the impression that the fluorescent wattage doesn't matter and is determined by length. 40 watt for 4 ft bulbs, 30 watt for 3 ft bulb, 20 watt for 2 ft bulbs.

Premium Member

Comments

Quote Originally Posted by PosterChild
    Sometimes too durable. I've had trouble reclaiming a couple of my screens and ultimately had to put new screens on the frames because the stencil gets locked in somehow. If I can't figure out how to stop this from happening I'm going to switch to good old qtx, because buying new screens every 2 or 3 posters is far less cost effective than the price break I get from TZ.
    It could be that you are under-exposing.
    If the emulsion isn't fully exposed, it won't react with the reclaimer.
    "I guarantee, the image will not be fade off and you will be pleasure it too. " - a bootlegger
    We need to print a tshirt "Avoid sucker effect!"-Fabio
    "fudge isn't sharp"-phoondaddy

Comments

...Food for thought, thanks Steve. I'll try a bit longer next time. It runs contrary to my thinking that too little light would be impossible to reclaim but I'll give it a go...

Premium Member

Comments

If you spray reclaimer onto unexposed emulsion,
    it will fix it into the screen. True Fact.
    "I guarantee, the image will not be fade off and you will be pleasure it too. " - a bootlegger

Comments

alright steve, I'll go for longer exposures next time around. I'm a relative newbie. I was weaned on an oddball fabric emulsion, then came to the glorious qtx, and am now printing with rickety homebrewed equipment in my apartment, with TZ. It just seemed odd to me that the parts of the screen that had trouble clogging while reclaiming where the "print" areas of previous posters (phantom spots), but I guess that does jive with longer exposures being necessary due to any remaining ink from those previous posters.

and to original poster, I'd say go ahead and use TZ if you can get those exposures right.

Premium Member

Comments

Where the mesh is stained, it blocks the light.
    You should reclaim your screens immediately to avoid
    the ghosts.
    I haven't tried the TZ, though.
    I'm a QTX man, myself...