Gig Posters

Posters: 156080 | Bands: 135803 | Designers: 11529                 

RSS Feeds

Username:   Password: 
Register      

Social Networking Activity                 

Bands  Designers  New Arrivals  Top Lists  Forums  Buy Posters  Submit  Merch Store  Advertise  Widgets  Help

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    Head Honcho

Comments

Lightbulb *Welcome To The NEW Gigposters.com*

Hi Everyone,

Due to a recent hacker attack, I was forced to upgrade Gigposters.com pre-maturely. I had been working on this major upgrade for the last month or 2, and it was not complete.

You will notice that the site now has a new design. Its much cleaner, more logical, and easier to navigate. Many thanks to Tom from Standard Design for helping out with the redesign - you made it look great!

We are now running new forum software, which has many new features including a calendar, full text archive, WYSIWYG (what you see is what you get) posting boxes and much much more.

There are many more options with this new system, and I suggest you click on the User CP link in the forum and expore all of your options. In there, you can turn on private messaging popup notification, choose an avatar, turn on the WYSIWYG posting box, set your birthday, add profile pictures and information etc.

My plan was to have everything finished before launching it, but this recent hacker attack left me no choice.

The last 6 weeks of data was lost, and could not be merged into this new system, so if you registered within the last 6 weeks and can not log in, you will have to re-register.

The new Private Messaging system ONLY allows 50 messages to be stored per user, so PLEASE check your PMs and clean them out in order for them to work properly.

I understand that many of you are afraid of change, and might be a little lost at the moment. Feel free to ask dumb questions, and help each other out as everyone gets accustomed to the new system. Once you get used to it, I'm sure you will realize how much better it is.

Thanks for your patience and understanding, and I'll do my best to have everything all fixed up real soon.

-Clay
    Last edited by Clay; 05-18-2005 at 02:56 PM.
    *PLEASE DO NOT PM ME WITH SUPPORT REQUESTS - CLICK THE CONTACT LINK AT THE BOTTOM OF THE PAGE*

Comments

nice work amigo. Sorry you had to rush it. Looks great to me though. Try and relax I imagine the last day sucked nuts for you.

Head Honcho

Comments

Yeah .. it pretty much sucked.

The pizza from Jay Ryan sure helped though!

I think I should go to sleep now ... I haven't moved from my chair since I woke up. Now thats a full day's work. My butt hurts.
    *PLEASE DO NOT PM ME WITH SUPPORT REQUESTS - CLICK THE CONTACT LINK AT THE BOTTOM OF THE PAGE*

Premium Member

Comments

I like the site a lot...really nice...

(I also wanted to try this quick reply...)

Comments

Jay Ryan rules. I'm traveling and didn't see his e-mail to get you a pie until just now. what do you want for dinner tomorrow?

Looks great. Nice one.

Comments

The new lay-out looks good, Clay! Sleep well!

Premium Member

Comments

Looks great Clay - better early then overly hacked!

Rock on!
    API Local, Member 025 - Hack For Life!
    http://www.fnharsh.com
    http://fnharshdesign.bigcartel.com/

Premium Member

Comments

i blame the french
    "i pretty much think dave has nothing of any value to offer anyone on gigposters.com"-jay ryan
    "im the brown note of lighting"-me

PSTRSTOM-N-DAVE.COM •My Blog For New Attitions To Our Site ROMG!!!! •My Myspace Acct!

Premium Member

Comments

Great job Clay and Standard, I think it looks great. Yeah, the French...