Gig Posters

Posters: 156383 | Bands: 135985 | Designers: 11550                 

RSS Feeds

Username:   Password: 
Register      

Social Networking Activity                 

Bands  Designers  New Arrivals  Top Lists  Forums  Buy Posters  Submit  Merch Store  Advertise  Widgets  Help

Comments

Default feedback on Precision 6-color auto press?

I have an opportunity to buy a 6-color auto press for what seems to be a really good price. The make is "PRECISION" and I am still trying to find out the model #. I've been told that it does not use a compressor and it is 8-10 years old.

I would greatly appreciate any feedback from anyone that has used or knows anything about these machines. Reliable? Quality? Cost? Etc.

Comments

Have the seller set up a 6 color tight registration design for you to check out each pallet. Once the pin in back is bent (which happens due to the pallet sticking to a screen after a flash) it is near impossible to bend it back correctly. These presses are workhorses, but are limited in ability to print on darks due to lack of cooling stations. I worked with 2 8 colors for 6 years and you can accomlish alot, but the learning curve is frustrating. 8-10 years is pretty old, I'd check it pretty damned good, because once you buy it, it will take alot of room up.

Comments

Another thing is, they do not use a compressor because they are chain driven. They are ovals which means 6 pallets on one side, 6 on the other. If the chain grabs the back of a shirt tail, it can dislodge the pallet and cause alot of downtime (especially if a flash is involved). The loader has to be good and make sure there is shirt tail "guides" at the bottom, without those, it's tough to gauge because of the adjustable pallet speed which if indexed too fast will throw the shirt tail around the turn too quick. I know this all sounds like bullshit, but you'll get it when you see the press.

Comments

you're welcome

Comments

If i can remember right there aren't many techs that work on those these days. I had a friend buy one used and he never used it because he couldn't find any one to rebuild and fix it. He ended op tossing it in the trash.

Comments

I used to read catalogs on those. Nice pictures but the story didn't climax like I thought it would.

Comments

I think M&R bought Precision out. They are bare bones simple to maintain, but yeah, parts are hard to find.