Gig Posters

Posters: 154224 | Bands: 134485 | Designers: 11430                 

RSS Feeds

Username:   Password: 
Register      

Social Networking Activity                 

Bands  Designers  New Arrivals  Top Lists  Forums  Buy Posters  Submit  Merch Store  Advertise  Widgets  Help

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Comments

Default My emulsion is better than your emulsion

I'm currently using this Ulano FastFoto something. It works okay but I wanted try others out there that worked great with a low budget light source. I am currently using a 500 watt work lamp from home depot.

Comments

who has the best photo emulsion, is what I'm asking

Comments

i don't use it yet but ocho loco dude recommended the ulano qtx. said it's amazing fast exposing easy washup stuff.

i saw him expose something that took me 150 secs in 20 and get better quality, also his washup was way easier.

Comments

I have had shitty luck with QTX(for waterbased stuff). for waterbased poster printing Ulano 925 seems to be the cats ass

Comments

Quote Originally Posted by ferg2001
    I have had shitty luck with QTX(for waterbased stuff). for waterbased poster printing Ulano 925 seems to be the cats ass
    i was thinking about switching to qtx.. what kind of problems did you have?

Comments

when i worked at a shirt shop we used qtx and it ruled. can't say anything about how it handles waterbased inks though.

i've been using chromaline udc2 for the past year and well, the price is right.

Comments

Quote Originally Posted by dace
    when i worked at a shirt shop we used qtx and it ruled. can't say anything about how it handles waterbased inks though.

i've been using chromaline udc2 for the past year and well, the price is right.
    yea people who print shirts all say they love it.

Comments

Quote Originally Posted by bwhitla
    i was thinking about switching to qtx.. what kind of problems did you have?
    its super touchy so like my exposures are like 25 seconds or less. ..and the shit still is a bitch to wash out. then after it does it like starts to break down and shit starts washing out that i dont want (this is after trying to wash out for a long time so i know the shit is exposing correctly (if anything its overexposing) . I used 925 on peevetoes reccomendation and it was perfect. no problems at all.

Comments

Ulano sucks.

Premium Member

Comments

Murikami 9800,

Autotype 8000

Both dual cure (photopolymer 'one pot' and diazo mixed - the diazo is necessary for water resistance)
    Both work well for solvent based and waterbased ink. the 9800 produces very sharp and finely detailed stencils, and held up completely on some 150 run WB prints. I have had soft stencils and pinholing from the Autotype on long WB press runs. Never any probs/breakdown with solvent based inks. (5000 plus impressions)

Exposure is about regular....I use an integrator, but would estimate using a 1000 w MH time is 5 minutes or so at 48". Solar in the summer it's a minute to 80 seconds.

Washes out perfect, reclaims easy. Scrubs out during print runs and doesn't break down. Coats up nice with 2 on 2, dries quick.

Just my experience but I gave up on Ulano (hi fi green film, 596 fast (?) TZ) because of breakdown and reclaiming problems, but this was in the 1980's, it may be better now.

Only my opinion but there are many different types /costs/qualities. Find the one that works consistantly for you with your set-up. Nobody should be making stencils and having it be hit or miss whether it is good or not - if you are, you need to work on your set-up and technique. Stencils should be a no-brainer, even if you are burning screens hold ing a piece of glass at the sun and washing out with a garden hose.
    Andymac

services www.squeegeeville.com
    equipment www.tmiscreenprinting.com

Todo es empezar.