those are totally fakes.
please tell me that's some photoshop trickery...
Originally Posted by Jeph
that just scared me too.
We already went over this. Snopes is your friend.
I sent my pet tarantula to BALCO and look what happened!
Some common Camel Spider Myths:
1. Camel spiders can be as large as dinner plates.
2. Camel spiders can travel at speeds up to 25 MPH, making screaming noises as they run.
3. Camel spiders are able to jump several feet in the air.
4. Camel spiders eat the stomachs of camels, hence the name "camel spider." (Legend includes the detail that camel spiders eat camel stomachs from either the outside in or the inside out. In the former case they supposedly jump up from the ground and grab onto camels' bellies from underneath; in the latter case exactly how spiders allegedly as large as dinner plates get into camels' stomachs intact remains unexplained.)
5. Camel spiders venom contains a powerful anesthetic that numbs their victims (thus allowing them to gnaw away at living, immobilized animals without being noticed). U.S. soldiers were said to have been attacked by camel spiders at night but remained completely unaware of their plight until they awakened in the morning to find chunks of their flesh missing.
yes, yes i remembered that snopes saved my already over active nightmare data base from these THINGS. but i could not find any reference to the story on snopes. so, i got scared.
HATE the spider.
Look at the dude's sleave. Those spiders are like 4 inches.
I mean those camel spiders should be an inspiration to spiders everywhere, thanks for the link!