Gig Posters

Posters: 156357 | Bands: 135960 | Designers: 11547                 

RSS Feeds

Username:   Password: 
Register      

Social Networking Activity                 

Bands  Designers  New Arrivals  Top Lists  Forums  Buy Posters  Submit  Merch Store  Advertise  Widgets  Help

Comments

Default dealing with large-scale prints...

sorry if this is redundant...here it goes:
    Im curious as to how all of you deal with making large scale prints...I come from a design background so im most comfortable working with color seperations on the computer before i burn my screens [i.e. making seperations in illustrator]..the problem with this is the only printer i have access to can make, at the largest, a 16x22 print which also takes forever [i believe its an epson 3000(?) that prints with archival ink]..anyway, id like to start printing on french 19x25 paper but im a little bit intimidated. So my question is..do you have any suggestions..and how do you personally tackle this problem.

Look around in the "screenprinting" section of the forums. You'll find all that stuff there.

BUT, in short... I use a guy here in town that prints out full size vellum for my separations that I make from channels in photoshop. Then I burn them onto screens, then I print them onto paper.

Comments

okay thanks ill look around some more..i guess im looking for easy, cost-effective ways as well since im working on a budget..(im not sure how much printing to vellum is..i suppose ill look into it) i also dont have a car..so that makes things extra interesting.

Comments

I assembled a 18x24 poster using a 11x17 vellum for the main illo and taping it in place on my cut rubylith which had all the text and border treatment. I did that 3 times... once for each color. A light table is a must for doing a paste-up like that but it's not hard as long as you allow yourself large trapping.