Gig Posters

Posters: 155580 | Bands: 135505 | Designers: 11505                 

RSS Feeds

Username:   Password: 
Register      

Social Networking Activity                 

Bands  Designers  New Arrivals  Top Lists  Forums  Buy Posters  Submit  Merch Store  Advertise  Widgets  Help

Default Goodtimes' Halftones...

So I've heard a lot about RichieGoodtimes' halftone creation skills. My question is this:

What is it that you are doing that creates such nice dots, and/or what are the rest of us doing or not doing to get similar results?

Know what I mean?

Comments

I don't know. I use photoshop just like everybody else. Convert to bitmap, linescreen.

What I do differently than some people I guess is I use different linescreens for the same color pretty often and I use what I know about process printing and simulated process to overlay dot patterns.

Like...on this Supersuckers poster...the type has a totally different dot pattern than dude. And if you actually see the print and stand back like ten feet you stop seeing the dots...which I think were like 15 or 20 lpi and the skin looks like flesh.

http://www.gigposters.com/posters/25127.jpg

Comments

And knowing is half the battle.

Alright. Nevermind. I guess it's that "knowledge of printing process" that I meant. I mean, like pefect file setup and all. ??? Nevermind. I'm all tired and stuff.