Gig Posters

Posters: 155198 | Bands: 135235 | Designers: 11483                 

RSS Feeds

Username:   Password: 
Register      

Social Networking Activity                 

Bands  Designers  New Arrivals  Top Lists  Forums  Buy Posters  Submit  Merch Store  Advertise  Widgets  Help

Comments

Default Speedball Water Based Textile

Hey - I know Speedball Permanent Acrylic is the way to go... however some of our colors are on back order from Dick Blick. And there is a local art store that carries Speedball Water-base Textile Screen Printing Ink will this suffice to run until our other stuff comes in or will the ink run on the posters left outside?? Any ideas??

Comments

ive printed with textile ink before. itll work fine. just dont let it dry up in the screen, print fast.

Premium Member

Comments

yeah i have done the same thing before. i was in a bind and had some red sppedball textile ink. i worked. i am nott to sure on the longevity of it but since its made for textiles i am guessing the are expecting it to get wet in washings. so it should hold up well enough for a little while in the elements.

Premium Member

Comments

www.allartsupplies.com

they rule.

i prefer txtile for most any color they have due to the fact its a bit glossier / opaque than regular the stuff.

Comments

We've used the acrylic poster ink already and it is great, but it seems like it goes kinda fast (especially if you have a full background)
    Has anyone used any retarders with the Speedball inks? (I think that is what it is called)

Premium Member

Comments

use the extender base. you can get a big bottle for about 10$ at dickblick. it makes the colors opaque, though.

Comments

if you use textile ink on a poster that you plan on wheatpasting ... dont do it. the inks will not be permanent until they're heat set, so when you slop the paste on them, the inks will run and smear all over the place.

Comments

we actually flash dry each poster for approx. one minute or so, just to make sure that none of the posters stick together when we start to stack them since we have a limited amount of drying space. So we should be fine if we do decide to wheat paste these.
    But thanks I appreciate it.

Premium Member

Comments

high-gloss base latex house paints... with Floetrol as a retarder.

$3 for a mistint quart at your local hardware store, compared to $15-$18 a quart for Speedball poster ink...

Not that it's good for everything (I use both, sometimes together), but house paint is a really cheap alternative and it works well.
    we are cricket press
    -->