Gig Posters

Posters: 156357 | Bands: 135975 | Designers: 11549                 

RSS Feeds

Username:   Password: 
Register      

Social Networking Activity                 

Bands  Designers  New Arrivals  Top Lists  Forums  Buy Posters  Submit  Merch Store  Advertise  Widgets  Help

Thread: filbar 550

Comments

Default filbar 550

anyone ever use or know anything about the FILBAR 550 semi-auto press. one may have fallen into my lap, but i want to know more about it. google came up with shit. please help! andy macdougall? andy stern?

Comments

http://www.screenweb.net

Ask there.

I never heard of it.

Comments

heh... not a bad idea i guess... especially since thats where the deal came from

Premium Member

Comments

They are an older mechanical style American made semi auto printing press. I don't think the company is in biz anymore, but there are/were thousands of these presses in older sign shops and graphic printshops.

If it works (plug it in with no squeegee or frame and see if it cycles without making any rude noises) It can be made to work. If the table top is trashed, you could easily make a new one.

If it is not able to cycle or is extremly jerky, clunky or the controls or adjusters are broken, you might be further ahead giving it a pass. Unless you are mechanically minded and know a welder/fabricator.

They were never a super accurate press, and not a good solution if you are wanting to print high end process work because of the lack of controls and precision adjusters, but were a mainstay of many shops. The design is from the 1950's, one of the early attempts to mechanize screenprinting, and they never really got modern.
    Andymac

services www.squeegeeville.com
    equipment www.tmiscreenprinting.com

Todo es empezar.