Gig Posters

Posters: 156080 | Bands: 135799 | Designers: 11529                 

RSS Feeds

Username:   Password: 
Register      

Social Networking Activity                 

Bands  Designers  New Arrivals  Top Lists  Forums  Buy Posters  Submit  Merch Store  Advertise  Widgets  Help

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Comments

Default roller frames for restretching

i have some 23x31 aluminum frames that i have been using for printing. Some other students poked holes in one of my screens and blasted a corner off another washing it out. i want to buy a roller frame to restretch screens (especially now that a class of 10 will be using the screenprinting studio i set up), but can't seem to find a pre-fab screen that will accomodate my screens without being way too big. i've searched the forum for help - i found plenty on how to do the restretching, just not much on where to find the right roller frames.

Is there anywhere you can get custom-sized roller frames?

Premium Member

Comments

Neumann
    "I guarantee, the image will not be fade off and you will be pleasure it too. " - a bootlegger
    We need to print a tshirt "Avoid sucker effect!"-Fabio
    "fudge isn't sharp"-phoondaddy

Premium Member

Comments

check with nemotron...a month or so back he was looking to get rid of a few 36"x36" roller frames. it might be exactly what you are looking for.

Premium Member

Comments

Newman...sold through Stretch Devices 1800-523-3694
    Hix make them 800 835-0606
    Diamond Chase (Olec) make them (I use these) sorry I have no phone on these guys
    They all seem to have component sides to make almost any size.
    Do you have screen supply shops in your area? Most will carry one brand or another.
    Try a google web search or www.screenweb.com or sgia.org to get to their individual websites to order from the factory.

good luck, too bad about your holy screens. I'd wack their peepees with a dull squeegee if I ever caught someone poking holes in my screens...
    Andymac

services www.squeegeeville.com
    equipment www.tmiscreenprinting.com

Todo es empezar.

Comments

i just got off the phone with Maria at stretch devices, and she quoted me a price for $123.20. Does this seem high? It seems a little higher than i expected, seeing as a 23x31" roller screen can be bought for about 50 bones. She also said that i would need to buy a $229 M3 tool kit to use the frame. Hmmmm…maybe i should make those punks pay for it, instead of smacking their peepees with a dull squeegee…

Any thoughts? Should i just pay each time to have them restretched? i'd have to send them off.

Premium Member

Comments

diamond chase (olec) last time i checked were the cheapest and pretty good. but last time i order anything from them it was a 6'x4' screen and i think it was under 200 bucks.

Comments

search a few screen printing boards. you should be able to find used neumans for about $25ea.

Comments

Quote Originally Posted by thetwelfthmonkey
    i just got off the phone with Maria at stretch devices, and she quoted me a price for $123.20. Does this seem high? It seems a little higher than i expected, seeing as a 23x31" roller screen can be bought for about 50 bones. She also said that i would need to buy a $229 M3 tool kit to use the frame. Hmmmm…maybe i should make those punks pay for it, instead of smacking their peepees with a dull squeegee…

Any thoughts? Should i just pay each time to have them restretched? i'd have to send them off.
    Go to www.usscreenprinters.net and look through the classified section there are people that post Newman Roller Frame at a real fare price (used)
    The screens are great. It's what I use here and if you want to become a better printer and contoling the amount of tension it's the best way to go

-loco

Comments

thanks guys. i'll look around. i've been watching ebay, and there are always a number of them on there - they're usually just either way too big, or just a bit too small. i'm just scared to get ones that are too big cause i'm afraid i'll waste too much mesh. Is that a legitimate concern?

Comments

Quote Originally Posted by thetwelfthmonkey
    thanks guys. i'll look around. i've been watching ebay, and there are always a number of them on there - they're usually just either way too big, or just a bit too small. i'm just scared to get ones that are too big cause i'm afraid i'll waste too much mesh. Is that a legitimate concern?
    Are you just starting?

-loco