Gig Posters

Posters: 155198 | Bands: 135238 | Designers: 11484                 

RSS Feeds

Username:   Password: 
Register      

Social Networking Activity                 

Bands  Designers  New Arrivals  Top Lists  Forums  Buy Posters  Submit  Merch Store  Advertise  Widgets  Help

Default some questions to textile printers

Hi everyone,

this week end i went to an exhibition at a french screenprinting material supplier called Dubuit.
    They are now the french distributor for M&R goods and Unio inks and also newman roller frames.
    So i have several questions to ask all of you who are textile printer.

M&R manual textile printer
    what about the M&R chameleon (6 colors) manual textile printer? Is it a really good printing machine? i watched it and it seems to be far better than the one i have. is registration easier than lots of other manual prtiners?
    what's the price of it in the US? the guy here told me it's llike 7000 euros for a 6 colors / 6 plattens with automatic tightening.

Union Inks
    what about them? good stuff, especially plastisol ones?

newman roller frames
    i've been stocked by this stuff. seems to be really good stuff. never used this kind of frames and the guy told me in the US you seems to use this stuff a lot.

Premium Member
    Comments

I use a Benmar DaVinci 6/6 and it's really good. I have heard that the M&R is the highend of manual presses, though I have heard that it's pretty heavy so after a long day printing your arms get tired (my Benmar is cast steel and aftera few hours of spinning the speed table your arms feel like jelly)

I also use Union Ink. I use the PADM1027 Bright Cotton White, with tome PLUS9000 reducer and soft hand base. Prints wonderfully, cures great, and nice covereage. I find that you can print an opaque white in black with one stroke and a flood.

Just my opinion

Comments

I have a Hopkins 8 color 8 station with side clamps. It can print something like 18"x 24" if I need to but I haven't had to as of yet. It cost $3000.00
    used and I like it. It doesn't have micro. But I can get it later as an add if I want. I know that this press you are talkng about is good but if you look around you could find something just as good used. People get into this trade all the time and then figure out it's alot of work then let go of equipment cheap. Try www.usscreenprinters.net they have used equipment in there classified section.
    Union ink is good. they have been around for a long time. I like Rutland myself and wWilflex makes some good ink also.
    Newmans rollers frames are the way to go. there a little pricey at first but they are way wirth the money. There's a little learning curve to them but
    the screens really help when you can control the tension

good luck

-loco

Premium Member

Comments

from my experience MR makes good shit. not some fly by night operation. Union Inks i am down with. i like them you gotta make sure you by the right series for the jobs you are doing but i never really had a problem. newmans are cool i guess. lots of the time it just doesn't seem to cost effective to be stretching screens when i can go buy on for shirts for 16 bucks.

thanx everyone, i appreciate all this help

Comments

they have a chameleon at the place i rent space from, it's a nice press. union inks are good, the colors mix a bit muddy. newmans are the way to go, especially if doing process.