Gig Posters

Posters: 155198 | Bands: 135211 | Designers: 11481                 

RSS Feeds

Username:   Password: 
Register      

Social Networking Activity                 

Bands  Designers  New Arrivals  Top Lists  Forums  Buy Posters  Submit  Merch Store  Advertise  Widgets  Help

Comments

Default attaching film to screens

i was wondering how you guys attach oiled paper film to the screen after registering seperations. in the past when using accetate film, scotch tape (sticky side up) would hold the film to the screen so it could be taken to the exposure table. i'm afraid tape would not stick to the oiled paper. any suggestions?

Premium Member

Comments

What????
    Put the film on the table
    Put the screen on the film
    "I guarantee, the image will not be fade off and you will be pleasure it too. " - a bootlegger
    We need to print a tshirt "Avoid sucker effect!"-Fabio
    "fudge isn't sharp"-phoondaddy

Comments

we just put the paper on the screen, oil it up, make sure there aren't any bubbles and flip it over onto the light table. the oily paper pretty much holds itself in place. be sure to weight it down.

This process sounds extremely messy. For anyone that has done this, has it caused any problems at one point or another? I'm thinking about trying it, but we'll see.

Premium Member

Comments

Kinkos+vellum+OSE machine= a film you can reuse
    "I guarantee, the image will not be fade off and you will be pleasure it too. " - a bootlegger
    We need to print a tshirt "Avoid sucker effect!"-Fabio
    "fudge isn't sharp"-phoondaddy

Comments

it's worked really well for wezz and i, and it is a little messy, but not too bad. you just put a little on the screen directly, lay the paper on top of it, and use a squeegee to push the oil around under the paper. add some more oil on top, push it around until there aren't any bubbles left under the paper and flip it onto the table. admittedly, if you wanted to go back to transparencies later, you'd have to get all of the old oil off the table and that would be a huge pain in the ass.

Quote Originally Posted by steve w
    Kinkos+vellum+OSE machine= a film you can reuse
    I'll just use the laser film here at work. Fo free. :P

Quote Originally Posted by lettawren
    it's worked really well for wezz and i, and it is a little messy, but not too bad. you just put a little on the screen directly, lay the paper on top of it, and use a squeegee to push the oil around under the paper. add some more oil on top, push it around until there aren't any bubbles left under the paper and flip it onto the table. admittedly, if you wanted to go back to transparencies later, you'd have to get all of the old oil off the table and that would be a huge pain in the ass.
    Interesting. I may have to try it for shits and giggles at some point.

Comments

so if the exposed screen has oil on it and you wash out unexposed emulsion with water, would'nt the oil resist the water? and when printing with water based ink it seems that any oil in the screen would resist the ink as well.

Comments

naw, the oil comes off just fine, and then you just need to wipe the edges of the screen with a rag or something before you tape it up (then you WILL have tape-sticking problems). we haven't had any problems. it's still not quite as perfect as film, but, from what i understand, it's so much cheaper, esp. when doing big, big prints.