Gig Posters

Posters: 154331 | Bands: 134495 | Designers: 11429                 

RSS Feeds

Username:   Password: 
Register      

Social Networking Activity                 

Bands  Designers  New Arrivals  Top Lists  Forums  Buy Posters  Submit  Merch Store  Advertise  Widgets  Help

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Comments

Default affordable water based inks?

Hey, we normally print our posters with housepaint, and so far have had very few problems. (aside from the first couple weeks of 'fucking up till you learn how it works, a couple years ago.)

Anyway, we're interested in getting some real ink for a few projects, and we were wondering if anyone could suggest some affordable, water-based inks.. and if possible, some good canadian distributors. (atlantic canada)

thanks a lot.
    Paul and Seth.

Comments

Sppedball acrylic is affordable and water based...i believe its what jay ryan and the bird machine use...I use TW graphics and affordability is not its strong suit.

Comments

Yeah, I looked into the TW... sounds nice, but it's pretty fucking pricey for what we're doing.

I've tried the speedball inks, and I wasn't too pleased with them. I actually like housepaint a lot better. But we're looking for something a little smoother this time.

Thanks. Any other suggestions?

Comments

TW graphics is smooth like butter...I have yet to try housepaint as I am not confident with it longevity on paper...being that its not made to be archival...not really an issue with gigposters but it is with an art print.

Comments

Yeah, that's why we use it on gigposters. Because it doesn't really matter too bad. Though, I'll be honest, I've done some really nice art prints using it too. largely because I don't really care too much. (whoops. cat out of bag)

But really, for some projects, like these cd sleeves that we want to print, some colour-fastness/fade-proofness, etc would be appreciated. I think that TW is out of our price range, but if anyone has any other suggestions, it woul be awesome.

Comments

Union inks.. water based/cheap
    http://www.unionink.com/
    there are a lot more Canadian dealers than are listed on their site.

Comments

Cool, thanks.
    I checked out their "list" of canadian distributers. (there's only one listed)
    When I called them, they said that they don't carry the waterbased graphic series... crap.

So, if anyone else knows of any other canadian distributors of Union Waterbased Graphics inks.. it would be appreciated.

</annoying questions>

Comments

Stanleys in Van & Edmonton carry Union which is where I get all my junk. I would call around to screen printing suppy stores in Halifax/Moncton, someone will surely have Union.

Comments

Thanks Whitey... I'll check out Stanleys.
    I already called all the screenprinting suppliers in the Halifax area, and noone carries Union Inks. It's kind of wierd.

anyway, thanks dude.
    Paul.

Premium Member
    Comments

Call Enzo at cosmex Graphics in Montreal. they carry waterbased inks that are cheapish in price (some peoples ideas od cheap are different from others)