Gig Posters

Posters: 156357 | Bands: 135960 | Designers: 11547                 

RSS Feeds

Username:   Password: 
Register      

Social Networking Activity                 

Bands  Designers  New Arrivals  Top Lists  Forums  Buy Posters  Submit  Merch Store  Advertise  Widgets  Help

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Comments

Default Flatstock 2 update

This is just an update. Please e-mail me offline gpeveto@factor27.com if you are interested in attending. I want to keep a folder so I can keep a running record on my computer not gigposters.

okee,

after a couple of meetings with SXSW there is some new info but it is still VERY preliminary so please don't flip out and speculate on anything.

What we have found out is the SXSW trade show IS NOT for Flatstock in the format we had in SF. It is EXPENSIVE and simply not the place to do it. Having said that I am working with SXSW for a solution/ alternate location for the actual sale/vendor function of Flatstock.

What is being proposed currently is finding a venue in close proximity to sixth street/red river where the majority of action is. Looking to go from Thursday to Sat. around noon to as late as logical. Most "official" showcases start at 8 so past that would prolly not make sense. This space would hold the sale part of Flatstock just like we did in SF. We'd have a table lottery just like SF and they will be limited like SF. What I'd like to get is a rough idea on how many of you are contemplating the trip. Given that I can search for a large enough space to try and accommodate everyone who wants to hawk their goods.

The second aspect of SXSW is Tradeshow participation. I have gotten SXSW to extend a 30% discount on booth prices to Flatstock. What this means is we can have a Flatstock booth in the tradeshow. It WILL NOT be for selling posters. It will be strictly for giving away piles of your stuff. If you are interested in this let me know ASAP. The number of interested parties will dictate the size of the booth and the cost to each participant. Again this is strictly for promotion of your work through giveaways. You will not be selling at the trade show. There is not a purchase mentality there anyway. Everyone expects piles of free crap. I'd suggest being prepared to have 500 to 1000 promo items to have for people to snag. Bags like Print Mafia, Books like Patent Pending, mini portfolios like Jermaine, and stacks of business cards. We will work out the details of who will man the booth during the day. We will also have plenty of flyers to hand out and direct the crowd to the actual Flatstock venue.

Check this link for details on the trade show specs and some nifty demographic hoo-ha. See if this is for you.

prices:
    http://sxsw.com/exhibit/tradeshow/details/

Info/demographics
    http://sxsw.com/exhibit/?PHPSESSID=1...3a99f378574a9c

Nels Jacobson is working through Discussion Panel possibilities that could be very cool. More to come on that.

details:

http://www.sxsw.com/music/conference/index.php

Jermaine has news on discount lodging I will see if he can piggy back that on this thread. Just like FS1 when it starts getting closer we will need interested artists to pool resources to help out.

One more time this is just an update. Please e-mail me offline gpeveto@factor27.com if you are interested in attending either the trade show or flatstock. I want to keep a folder so I can keep a running record on my computer not gigposters.

Comments

I will attend. I will not participate in the trade show booth.

furhtermore...Nels and myself are about to register and trademark
    "Flatstock' as a non-profit corporation/trust. This will like help protect it and all participants etc.

more on that as it develops. Once it's done you will all be issued 'official
    status' as associates of Flatstock and get like a nifty card or something. We envision setting it up as a protective umbrella with any money made used for future events etc.

Thats excellent Frank. Good work.

Comments

Very Good!

Comments

Quote Originally Posted by kozik
    Once it's done you will all be issued 'official
    status' as associates of Flatstock and get like a nifty card or something. .
    How about decoder rings so we can send secret 'Flatstock' messages!

Comments

Murphy - thats a great idea! and we could have weekly streaming audio shows with secret messages to decode ...yeah yeah yeah.

Nice work Geoff, Frank and Nels...much appreciation!!!!!

Comments

im gonna bring an extra pack of smokes for mr. fisher!

Comments

Frank Kozik as Jimmy Hoffa..... I like it

dude!!!!......nels is handling this!??!! ......fuck that !!!! if we were responsable people we wouldn't be poster artists!!! i say we kill richie as a warning to nels.

Comments

fuck that! Lets kill Kevin.