Gig Posters

Posters: 155569 | Bands: 135490 | Designers: 11505                 

RSS Feeds

Username:   Password: 
Register      

Social Networking Activity                 

Bands  Designers  New Arrivals  Top Lists  Forums  Buy Posters  Submit  Merch Store  Advertise  Widgets  Help

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Comments

Default Any UK screen printers ?

Anyone in the uk point me to a good online source for everything i need to get started? (Ive searched but cant find much in the way of supplies)

Or a shop in Manchester would be even better

Alsooo whats a good budget brand of inks for a beginner available here

Comments

I feel yr pain!

If you find this stuff then let me know. I'm hunting as well.....

Comments

Not only is it difficult to find somewhere to buy equipment, but I don't think there is a single place in the UK which will screen posters.

You could always try Nick though, he works in a studio in Manchester and although he mostly does t-shirts, he's done some posters of his own before and should have some contacts for how to pick up supplies.
    "One day we'll all laugh about it as we try to warm ourselves around a barrel of burning posters, equals once more." - Crosshair

Army of Cats Design

Comments

thanks dude.
    my friend elvis who prints my t-shirts should be able to help as well.

do you know ash from pigs?
    my band bane overlord are playing the faversham in leeds on 19th feb with pink grease and michael dracula if you wanna check that out.

Comments

Quote Originally Posted by superdead
    thanks dude.
    my friend elvis who prints my t-shirts should be able to help as well.

do you know ash from pigs?
    my band bane overlord are playing the faversham in leeds on 19th feb with pink grease and michael dracula if you wanna check that out.
    Dude, everyone knows Ash!

If I'm free, I'll definitely try and come along to the gig.

I just checked out your site and like your work! I followed a link to Private View and see that Nik Holmes is on their roster also. I know him from when he worked for Carlton Card's - I've done a bit of work for them and know most of the guys who work there. Small world.

Are PV a decent agency? I just dropped them a line with a link to my site as I'm on the lookout for an agency or just anyone who can get my more clients really...
    "One day we'll all laugh about it as we try to warm ourselves around a barrel of burning posters, equals once more." - Crosshair

Army of Cats Design

Comments

Lol finally I got a rply. Im actualy considering getting some stuff imported from the us if i can find anywhere that will do cheap shipping. Im from Manchester too by the way so maybe we could chip in for a shipment :P

I sent nick a message just waiting for a reply when he's on next

Comments

No probs. I think Nick only has net access at the stuido, so he'll be online tomorrow.

I dropped Diesel Fuel prints a line about getting a poster done by them but the shipping was $135. Am currently looking for European options.

Army of Cats Design

Comments

I meant getting printing supplies from the US Id rather learn how to print my own thats half the fun (they will suck for a while but I can only get better) lol

Ive just began to work on a vacuum table

Comments

Finding Screenprinting gear is a bit of a pain over here, but I tracked down these guys, (I think Nick uses them too)
    Screen Colour Systems:
    London 0208 997 1694
    Manchester 0161 231 0492

They haven't got a website, but if you give them a call they'll send you a catalogue. They do pretty much everything. I got my screens and jiffy clamps from them, and I'm trying out they're emulsions now as well. I think most of it is their own product range. A lot of it is for textile, like plastisol and stuff, but they'll have the stuff you need.

For inks I use Lascaux studio acrylic, (mainly cause the shop round the corner sells it). I'm told the speedball ink is good. System 3 acrylics are a cheaper option, i think they have a screenprinting medium for the range.

I don't think there's a need to order from the US - you might get hit with big shipping and customs charges. The gear is available here, just not as prolifically and easily as it seems stateside.

If anybody knows where to get good (cheap) paper out there, help a brother out, wudja? I been trying to find simple A3 heavy sheets for ages with no luck. The only place i find is Seawhite in Brighton that do an A2 pack of 100 for a good price, but that's it. There's gotta be more. We need a uk Mr French.

Comments

yes definitely ask nick. I was helping him out with some supply and printing info in general when he was starting to do posters.
    I'm not sure if he would print for other people though.
    But yeah he'd be a big help with the screenprinting situation in the UK