Gig Posters

Posters: 154224 | Bands: 134487 | Designers: 11430                 

RSS Feeds

Username:   Password: 
Register      

Social Networking Activity                 

Bands  Designers  New Arrivals  Top Lists  Forums  Buy Posters  Submit  Merch Store  Advertise  Widgets  Help

Comments

Default Shirt pricing question

Do you guys use a formula for pricing screened t-shirts or do you base it job to job? ( I realize more color, more cost). Also, do you include screen and artwork charges in the final cost? I'm thinking about setting up a small shop and I'm looking for any helpful info.
    Thanks

Premium Member

Comments

usually people have a price just for the printing. then they will mark up the garment to what they see fit. and usually there is a seperate charge for screens and film. but some people roll it all into to one.

i detail. clients appreciate it. they want to undestanc how we calculate everything.

- screens
    - positives
    - printing
    - tees

hope it helps

Premium Member
    Comments

I have found that my customers get annoyed when you explain to them about screen charges, film and setup. 90% of the people I deal with don't understand why designs don't just appear on shirts, they think I press a magic button. granted I deal a lot with bands and they are notoriously cheap, so I just roll everything into one price so I don;t need to explain the printing process to every single customer, and don't get questions like 'do we really need screens and film, because that's like $15.00 dude!'.

advice: if matching prices from another printer, got their quote or listed prices on their letter head. I recently had a band who were apparently my pals, tell me that they can get shirts for $2.00 with two colours including all charges. turns out it was their attempt to try and trick me into giving them a major discount. So keep an eye out for that because some people are shits and will try and fuck you out of your hard work. Though there are lots and lots of honest people (in my experience they are older and not in bands, go figure) that you will deal with.

Comments

I mark-up blank goods, charge for printing (how many colors, front, back etc..) art charge, screen charges.

I have a price list that starts with 1 color 1 side on Gildan or Fruit o loom
    6.1 oz t-shirts. It's just a starting point but it has all my quantity break downs and additional colors. If they go with sweats or something other than t-shirts I already have my mark-ups and then I just change cost of blank goods. It not set in stone, more of a starting point. It's real important to have mark-up so if you have to work on price you knock it off the mark-up or the printing cost. just so you have room to play with if needed

-loco

Premium Member
    Comments

yeah, always remember the markup on the blanks because when you misprint a shirt you don't want to have to print 5 more to pay for the one screwup, its way worse when you misprint hoodies.

Comments

What's a misprint?

Comments

Quote Originally Posted by RichieGoodtimes
    What's a misprint?
    it's what happens when you ain't had any beer fer breakfast.