Gig Posters

Posters: 152981 | Bands: 133640 | Designers: 11369                 

RSS Feeds

Username:   Password: 
Register      

Social Networking Activity                 

Bands  Designers  New Arrivals  Top Lists  Forums  Buy Posters  Submit  Merch Store  Advertise  Widgets  Help

Default Printing on currency paper

I'm trying to do a screen print on metallic silver currency paper. I tried speedball acrylic poster ink, but it isn't completely drying. So, I'm guessing what I need to use is vinyl ink(a la stickers). I don't want to use that shit, what with the fumes and all. Is there an alternative?

Comments

ive printed on that stuff...
    use latex ink, but expect a globby bubbly looking effect when its dry. that stuff is VERY coated and takes forever to dry... you can like scratch it off with your FINGERPRINT if its not completely dry. oil based ink may be the best way to go actually, but will still take awhile to dry and will be much more toxic

my fingerprint can rub the ink away. I printed it about 4 1/2 hours ago. Should I just let dry more before I decide to make my next move? Also, how long does the latex ink take to dry?

Comments

latex is pretty much the same as any other waterbased ink as far as drying goes. speedball acryllics dont stick to that paper. ive stopped printing on it because nothing sticks to it except rubber based letterpress ink, with tons of drier in it