Gig Posters

Posters: 155313 | Bands: 135325 | Designers: 11495                 

RSS Feeds

Username:   Password: 
Register      

Social Networking Activity                 

Bands  Designers  New Arrivals  Top Lists  Forums  Buy Posters  Submit  Merch Store  Advertise  Widgets  Help

Comments

Default drawing fluid/ screen filler problems

This question might sount amature, but i am new at this so... How do you apply an even layer of screen filler without ruining the drawing fluid? I had a hard time just getting the filler to cover the screen and then I saw that alot of the drawing fluid had been washed out

Premium Member

Comments

are you talking about that blue drawing fluid by speedball that you put directly on the screen, let it dry, then cover it with the red speedball filler? i tried that stuff a few times, but i never really got that good of results. plus the filler was impossible to get out of the screen. lots of scrubbing. i guess the one thing i learned from it was that you should make the drawing fluid is dry before putting on the filler, and don't press hard while putting a coat of filler on. anyways, you should switch over to photo-emulsion...you'll never look back.

Comments

Yea, that's the stuff. I gave i t another shot and I guess I was pressing too hard when I putt on the filler on the first time. So now I'm waiting for it to dry. Seems to be going well enough so far, but i would like to switch over to photo emulation soon. What kind of store can I buy that stuff at?

valleylitho.com

Premium Member

Comments

i use ulano QTX from dickblick.com. i haven't encountered any problems with it that weren't my own fault, but there are more than a few here that don't like ulano emulsions at all.

Comments

Quote Originally Posted by caribou
    i use ulano QTX from dickblick.com. i haven't encountered any problems with it that weren't my own fault, but there are more than a few here that don't like ulano emulsions at all.
    I'm waiting for Stern's standard "Ulano emulsions fucking suck" post...