Gig Posters

Posters: 155148 | Bands: 135209 | Designers: 11481                 

RSS Feeds

Username:   Password: 
Register      

Social Networking Activity                 

Bands  Designers  New Arrivals  Top Lists  Forums  Buy Posters  Submit  Merch Store  Advertise  Widgets  Help

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Alternative flash dryer...

Does anyone out there know of an alternative to a flash dryer. Like would a heat bulb work? Also i just built a light table, but its more like a coffee table. The sides arent closed in, its just a big opening on the top where we put the glass and a little shelf below it. I guess it got to hot cause the glash shattered and it was three quarters thick...so i dont know what happened there. Could you tell me the best way to set up a light table with my set up. I already have two halogen lights, and i have a fish tank fixture i dont know if you can use those and just replace it with another flourescent bulb. I would appreciate any help i can get.

Comments

anything that will get the whole image to about 300 degrees for about 4-10 seconds will work.

so basically a flash cure is your only way.

some will tell you a heat gun will work but a heat gun is not consistant enough, i've tried, it didn't work.

i use a heat gun right now and it works pretty good but i use my oven set on broil for 45 secs to cure it completely. Then iron it after to get that rubbery feel. But the question i meant to ask is there a way to make a flash dryer. Like is there a bulb out there thats bright enough and hot enough? And the light table still need some tips on that.

Comments

i am getting ready to have someone i kinda know print shirts for me. he is using a gun to cure and i am not that thrilled about it. but he is also giving me a super deal on the screens. sucky situation to be in. but if i want to print 2 or 3 colors i have to choose quality or price. tough to get both...

Comments

if it isn't cured properly with a heat gun your image will fade away or crack after a bunch of washes.

Comments

a heat gun won't work, i tried it once. flash cures aren't that much used.

Premium Member

Comments

just find a quality used one on ebay. it will be a few hundred dollars but will be worth it!

Comments

to answer your question, no there is not a lightbulb that will both cure a shirt and also not make you go blind.

just spend the money on a flash.

I just got a brand new black body flash with no stand for $210 and spent about $15 for some 1x1 mild steel and welded a holder for it.

If I might ask, where did you acquire this flash unit so cheaply?

Comments

My sales guy may have given me a good deal but i got it at Midwest sign and screen. Keep in mind that i got it with no stand at all and made my own (super easy for an auto press). a floor stand would probably cost $150-$200.