Gig Posters

Posters: 156255 | Bands: 135962 | Designers: 11547                 

RSS Feeds

Username:   Password: 
Register      

Social Networking Activity                 

Bands  Designers  New Arrivals  Top Lists  Forums  Buy Posters  Submit  Merch Store  Advertise  Widgets  Help

Thread: Question...

Comments

Default Question...

So I work in sales for a company who produces millions of plastisol transfers, as well as screenprints hundreds of thousands of garments every year. We've got over $250,000 in ink sitting in the warehouse, and 4 different vacuum tables... I'm wondering if I can't work something out to get the screen department to burn some screens for me, if I can have some fun on the tables afterhours....

But what I'm not sure of ... is if any of that ink we have would work for poster creation. We use plastisol ink for the transfers (not water based) and well shit I'm not sure what's used for our direct print area... (Like I said, I'm in sales here... not production, heh)

What would be the questions I would need to ask in order to find out if we have inks that would work for this? What kind of ink do I need??

Thanks.

Premium Member

Comments

They might have some waterbase or solvent based inks kicking around, if you are just starting out then use the plastisol they have on your own paper. At least it won't dry in....if you are serious get some TW 5000 and a sympathetic production manager.
    Maybe offer to buy your own screens (hey you're in sales, you must have lots of $$$) and then strike a deal for coating and reclaiming (you will clean screens for them if they show you how) and make friends with the art department, cause they know how to get film.

I find beer works when discussing the use of equipment.

Some places let you do stuff, others won't. Sounds like a perfect deal.
    Andymac

services www.squeegeeville.com
    equipment www.tmiscreenprinting.com

Todo es empezar.

Comments

Heh, this company is pretty large and somewhat nazi at times... but knowing our R&D guys, I think they'll let me play with their tables when they've gotten laid recently...

But I know for sure that we dont have waterbase inks - because from what I understand you can't just wash waterbase inks down the drain, like you can with plasitsol inks...

But thank you for the answer... I mean, we usually make transfer samples on the table that I would use... which has a small dryer next to it. (Since you gel transfer ink after each pass) perhaps I can start out trying with transfer inks on a non-release paper.

Heh, I can't wait to see the look on the dudes face who makes the screens, and notices that the images aren't mirrored. hah!

Oh and as for being in sales.... and having $$... I think I must be missing something... I'm going to go talk to HR today. hah.