Gig Posters

Posters: 156034 | Bands: 135787 | Designers: 11529                 

RSS Feeds

Username:   Password: 
Register      

Social Networking Activity                 

Bands  Designers  New Arrivals  Top Lists  Forums  Buy Posters  Submit  Merch Store  Advertise  Widgets  Help

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Washout Tools

Comments

Default Washout Tools

This has been the day from hell, bought a new mircotek scanner, its broken. Got 3 new screens, my hose hookup broke.

What do you guys recommend for washout for a person that lives in an apartment with no hose spout? I've tried the "clip" on showerheads that basically "mouth" over the water spout (broke) I had an attachment that connected to the shower head threads, then the shower head connected over that.

Im super frustrated, I never seem to get anywhere! anyway, tips? I know some of you must have to screen in your apartment, or screened in college.

Looks like you are headed for some late night washout sessions at the carwash.

Comments

i second what michael said...you need a power wash somehow!

Comments

see thats what I was afraid of! I dont have a car and the closest wash is about 20 minutes on the bus, theres no way I am bussing screens back and forth.

I think I might just get a seperate "hand held shower head" connected to my regular one, and cut the god damn nozzle off.

Comments

do you know anyone with a car or that doesn't live in an apartment?

Comments

1. Save up some cash/splurge a little/ask parents or significant other and get yourself a decent powerwasher.

2. Purchase hose and faucet attachment.

3. Put screen in shower; hook hose up to sink and powerwasher.

4. Plug in powerwasher.

5. Spray on Emuslion Remover, scrub a dub a little bit, powerwash your worries away.

6. Degrease, set screen to dry, then powerwash all the leftover emulsion, Em Rem and Degreaser off your shower walls.

Seems to work ok for me. After using a 1000psi powerwasher, I seriously don't know how I ever reclaimed screens with just my thumb held over a garden hose...

Comments

Quote Originally Posted by twelvevolt
    1. Save up some cash/splurge a little/ask parents or significant other and get yourself a decent powerwasher.

2. Purchase hose and faucet attachment.

3. Put screen in shower; hook hose up to sink and powerwasher.

4. Plug in powerwasher.

5. Spray on Emuslion Remover, scrub a dub a little bit, powerwash your worries away.

6. Degrease, set screen to dry, then powerwash all the leftover emulsion, Em Rem and Degreaser off your shower walls.

Seems to work ok for me. After using a 1000psi powerwasher, I seriously don't know how I ever reclaimed screens with just my thumb held over a garden hose...
    after doing this be prepared to answer to your landlord. when you wash away emulsion in your bathtub, it can clog your pipes very easily. exercise great caution if you go this route. otherwise i would just recommend like somone said, find someone who you can pay to bring you to a carwash.

Premium Member

Comments

12 volt is on 220

at the least find something with threads, put on a metal hose connect and go from there.

You want at minimum garden spray nozzle (with a jet spray and a few others) or the pressure washer.

go for the pressure washer, power solves everything.
    Andymac

services www.squeegeeville.com
    equipment www.tmiscreenprinting.com

Todo es empezar.

Comments

Yeah Im using Ulano QTX/ No.4 remover, and reclaiming is pretty easy... I've been using a spray hose like the ones you find in sinks, with the spray nozzle cut off, and my thumb over it. qtx I think is the solution to most of my problems.

Comments

Quote Originally Posted by Andymac
    power solves everything.
    everything? i wish. get a good dehazer too.