Gig Posters

Posters: 155619 | Bands: 135529 | Designers: 11506                 

RSS Feeds

Username:   Password: 
Register      

Social Networking Activity                 

Bands  Designers  New Arrivals  Top Lists  Forums  Buy Posters  Submit  Merch Store  Advertise  Widgets  Help

Thread: SAVES THE DAY

Premium Member

Comments

call me crazy.. as most people do..

but am i the only one who fucking thinks saves the day's new album is a great little ditty o an album???

ps... yoko ono=kate hudson!!!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: philaarts.com on 2002-01-10 14:23 ]</font>

I havent heard that disk yet but I'll tell you what.... The Saves the Day poster you sent me was super killer!!!!

This topic has been moved to the 'Anything Goes' forum. The 'Logo Contest' forum is for contest posts only.

Comments

has anyone else heard Lifetime and realized saves the day is just all the bad Lifetime songs watered down?

sorry...no offense to you, but that band just bugs me in every possible way? There's a local kid up here who is so anti-saves the day he ran up on stage and smeared some of his own shit on the singer about a year ago (of course this kid also drinks his own piss I've been told)

Premium Member

Comments

no i didnt know that nolen.. hey when i come to baltimore for that show we will have one more thing to talk about...

Comments

for some reason i posted earlier but it didnt show up, the post was "saves the day was alot better when they were lifetime".... Its actaully hard trying to be a young pop/punk type band and growing up in jersey, your influence is almost always Lifetime, Erikson, Kid Dynamite, Penfold and then everyone just ends up sounding like them, I know from experience. Is there some lifetime member band in Ca called San Geronimo?

Comments

ah...kid dynamite... I did a zine a couple of years ago called "My First Punk Rock Coloring and Activity Book" and it was just that....drawings I did from live photos of bands that I or my friends had taken, plus "Rad Libs" (punk rock themed Mad Libs), Mazes, even a fold out 11x17 boardgame called On The Road where you went on tour (and there was a spinner you could build and gampieces to cut out of cardstock insert)...ANYway...there were two things where I did a drawng from a live photo and then changed a few things in teh second, and you were supposed to find the differences.

FOr the Dan Yemen one, it said there were 8 differences...but there were only 7 visible physical ones (I dind't say that on there). WHen you flipped back to the "solutions" page that gave the answers, showed the paths through the mazes (making a confusing maze is hard work...try it sometime) etc. For the Dan Yemen spot the difference page it read "...#7. Girl up front has Bart Simpson shirt on in picture A, and in picture B her shirt has Fry from Futurama which means in picture A he's in Lifetime and in B he's in Kid Dynamite which means ...#8 the music is better in picture A."

So there. That was way too long, but whatever, work is kinda slow today...
    when am i ever gonna finish teh second punk rock coloring book...?

have you noticed how much the lead singer talks about drinking blood on this new crappy album? maybe he thinks he is in "ink and dagger". or emporer

Comments

saves the day to lifetime to kid dynamite to ink and dagger, seems logical to me

how bout that new promise ring album, really moody kinda like portraits of past ... hehe.