Gig Posters

Posters: 154402 | Bands: 134580 | Designers: 11434                 

RSS Feeds

Username:   Password: 
Register      

Social Networking Activity                 

Bands  Designers  New Arrivals  Top Lists  Forums  Buy Posters  Submit  Merch Store  Advertise  Widgets  Help

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Comments

IMHO, I still think that the "latest comments" section on the homepage can be improved. One can see that new comments have been posted but it only mentions part of a comment and the username.

I would prefer to see the posterartist name, the username and perhaps if possible the number indicating the amount of total comments there are for that poster.

This way I can immediately see if new comments have been posted for my favorite artist(s). In the current format I have no clue what the latest comments are about and would have to click on all of the ones that are listed.

Just a thought.
    piemel

Comments

i liked the immediacy of knowing if there was a new comment and being able to respond on the first screen.

again, i've never seen a site work so quickly and smoothly.

Comments

>i liked the immediacy of knowing if there >was a new comment and being able to respond >on the first screen.
    >
    >again, i've never seen a site work so >quickly and smoothly.

Perhaps I am not making myself clear... I agree that the site is fast and smooth. Yes, you can see immediately on the homepage if a new comment has been added. However I have no idea from the homepage what (which poster, which artist) the new comment is referring to. It would be nice (IMHO) to at least show the posterartis to which said comment is referring to.

Comments

question: is it that hard just to click and wait a few seconds for it to pop up on screen to see which poster is being referred to? it's fine how it is.

Comments

No it's not hard whatsoever but one would have to click on all the comments. My point is that in the main page I would have to click on each and every comment to find out what it relates to. In my opinion it would be nicer to be able to see that info from the get-go so I can avoid to have to click on all the comments. There are some poster artists that I am more interested in then others and if I can filter those by just looking at the main page that would be great.

You're right, it works the way it is right now and I'm not saying the site sucks. Just think it would be an improvement.

Comments

i see piemels point on this one,theres no way of telling which poster each comment refers to so in effect u have to click on the comment before u know what poster the comments about.i guess this could be remedied by having the name of the artist next to each comment but having said that,i think that might be more work and hassle than its worth,clay,what do u think?

Head Honcho

Comments

First off.. I think it is a good idea.. I've pondered this one before.. and here's what I came up with:

-I don't want to put more thumbnail images on the main page (so it loads up at a half-decent speed)

-There really isn't room (with the current design) to show any more additional info (at 50% width of the screen)

*This site is optimized to fit an 800x600 screen .. but looks much better at 1024) - thats why I had to put the ...'s in.

Here's another idea that I might do to solve this:

I might create another section to the site that will have all the comments (or maybe for the last month). It will have thumbnails, and then the full comment and user info, etc. I could display 20 per page or something.. I dunno..

I still think there is a benefit to having the breif comment summary on the front page.. my whole idea is that you can have a quick glance at the front page.. see what's new.. and then continue through the site..

What do you think of this idea? Any other ideas?

Comments

sounds good,leave it as it is but make a more accessible comments page with thumbnails to show us whats been commented,go for it chap

Comments

i REALLY like the idea of more thumbnails on the page clay.

Comments

I don't have a problem with it the way it is. I kind of like the surprise of seeing what poster comes up when I click on the comment. The only thought I've had from time to time is that it would be nice if there were scroll bars on the LATEST COMMENTS window that would allow me to at least go back a day or so? I usually check once a day and thought it would be great if I could go back to where I left off and see what I've missed. Of course this wouldn't help those that only look once in a while. Anyway, just a thought, it may not even be possible.