Gig Posters

Posters: 152981 | Bands: 133630 | Designers: 11367                 

RSS Feeds

Username:   Password: 
Register      

Social Networking Activity                 

Bands  Designers  New Arrivals  Top Lists  Forums  Buy Posters  Submit  Merch Store  Advertise  Widgets  Help

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Comments

Default FLATSTOCK 2: the astronomical price

damn... ijust looked at the SXSW site...the music
    pass alone... if you order now...$375 bucks!

Yikes... How am I supposed to do that PLUS
    eat as well? I guess I won't. Or wait... most
    of the bands playing are gonna stink anyway
    and I can just pay per show I guess.

I guess no tattoo for my x-mas present to
    myself...gotta save up for this beast of a
    trip.

Comments

from my experience, the $375 is for the all access pass - that gets you into the trade shows and all that other industry bullshit. if you just want a wristband to see the bands, that's around $100 (the last time i paid was 2000, and it was about $75, a steady rise in the years previous). i'm sure geoff can give you more info about this, but i can't imagine them charging you guys almost 400 bucks to sell posters.

Comments

Yeah Nolen,
    The prices have just gone up and up every year! It's absolutely crazy! But, I guess, it does give you first dibs on getting into the clubs to see the bands you want to see. I'm a native (Austinite) and I can say that I've never paid to see any SXSW show. Ever. It's just absolutely too expensive for this girl. When I can get in free to the clubs I like the other 51 weeks of the year, I just hate it when I have to pay mega that one week. I do know some people on the inside who can get me on lists and stuff, like last year I was on a list to see Neil Finn (ahh...swoon...), but that was all I saw.

Anyway...I feel your pain...just imagine living here and having to deal with all those industry fucks walking around with all those goofy VIP tags around their necks...

a lot of places though are doin stuff for free with local bands because they know locals dont want to/can't pay a lot...some of those shows are alright...usually I just avoid downtown if I can during that week...but not next year...!!! Flatstock Ba-bee!

J

Comments

nolen-
    from experience, it is virtually impossible to just pay for the shows to get in. if you do try that, you have to go to the club VERY early, pay ALOT of money, and have to stay until the band you want to see plays. shows at emo's are like, $10 at most EVER. during sxsw-$20 to get in the door. it's like that everywhere . sxsw isn't geared towards the public, AT ALL, in that respect. that's what the parties and instores are for.
    the caste system is like this-
    no band
    wriastband
    badge
    platinum badge
    but participants get badges, usually. at least wristbands. i mean, they won't let you into the panels without them.

Comments

so rock...

are the participants of flatstock going to be participants of SXSW too? Or are they going to be two things that just happen to be going on at the same time???

Comments

It would be cool if Flatstock participants get badges. Let's keep our fingers crossed. Zappa is right, wristbands to see music are about $100. I've paid normal prices to get into a single show, but you can't bank on it. Whether you have a wristband or not, seeing a headlining band almost always involves getting into the venue early and lingering by the stage. There are a lot of people in town to see music, so its best to spend all night at a venue with enough bands that you like.

Comments

Quote Originally Posted by compton
    so rock...

are the participants of flatstock going to be participants of SXSW too? Or are they going to be two things that just happen to be going on at the same time???
    ditto?

Comments

Quote Originally Posted by Engine House
    so rock...

ditto?
    This is being negotiated. No one knows yet.

Comments

Quote Originally Posted by bipedalini
    Quote Originally Posted by Engine House
    so rock...

ditto?
    This is being negotiated. No one knows yet.
    keepin my fingers crossed. what about the girlfriends of participants of flatstock? do i have a chance? Ha ha.

Premium Member

Comments

hey dummies... schmooozzzzz... almost all of you hacks by now should know someone in the record industry.... if youve done a poster and talked with a label... they will hook you up if youve been nice and not naughty to them

uh oh. that one free poster you did for a gig now might be worth 300 clams in trade to the record company. who would have thunk it
    "i pretty much think dave has nothing of any value to offer anyone on gigposters.com"-jay ryan
    "im the brown note of lighting"-me

PSTRSTOM-N-DAVE.COM •My Blog For New Attitions To Our Site ROMG!!!! •My Myspace Acct!