Gig Posters

Posters: 156383 | Bands: 135985 | Designers: 11550                 

RSS Feeds

Username:   Password: 
Register      

Social Networking Activity                 

Bands  Designers  New Arrivals  Top Lists  Forums  Buy Posters  Submit  Merch Store  Advertise  Widgets  Help

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Premium Member

Comments

Default Professional Screenprinters - Take note

If someone comes to you with a project, and there's a chance you won't be able to get to it in time - DON'T TAKE THE PROJECT. If some unavoidable shit comes up, let the client know early on, maybe send your overflow to another printer. DON'T tell them at the last second you can't print it when 3 weeks earlier you made an agreement to do it quickly.

This is the second printer in a row I've been burned by, I'm starting to get a pretty negative view of the industry. I'm to the point where I think I'd be better off learning to print myself. It makes me look bad when the show comes up and the posters I promised aren't there, not to mention the days wasted designing the thing.

Screenprinters - if a new client comes along, treat them well - they may end up giving you a ton of repeat business or recommend their friends.

Comments

This goes for any business for that matter! I agree whole heartedly.

We are opening up an art gallery here in Indianapolis. The guy who is making our sign is jacking us around and our grand opening is 2 weeks away. First he says he lost the paeprwork, now he's saying the foam always takes longer. It's 2 weeks late, I'm getting pissed and I don't hide that very well.

Sorry to hear you're having problems too. I've always wondered how some people stay in business.

Premium Member

Comments

3 weeks earlier is considered a quick turnaround? We've had folks come in at 9AM and want shit by the end of the day.

A good way for a customer to see if their "rush job" will be done in time is to see if EACH department hears about the job and agrees they can get it done on time.

EDIT* Salespeople will always say "yes".
    "no one best touch my Benz or capriz, lest they want a foo in dey azz" -Merf
    "pancakes sound dope." -Peveto

"Jesus pancakes sound dope." -Peveto 2010
    "i'm dropping like mad, yo." -Jay Ryan
    "Any halftizzles up in yo shizzle? You've got moizizzle." -RichieGoodtimes
    "bdix - 5 stars" -Poguemahone
    "hail the mighty bacon." -Farley
    "them's some sweet socks" -Fruitstripe Peveto
    "not with you the force is" - Ferg

posters
    twitter
    twitter KLCTVEfusion
    facebook
    d
    ribble

Comments

Quote Originally Posted by bdix
    3 weeks earlier is considered a quick turnaround? We've had folks come in at 9AM and want shit by the end of the day.
    no shit for us the longest for stickers or shirts is two weeks, shit i think we have 3 or 4 72 hour or less rush jobs in right now.

Posters on the other hand have to be scheduled about a month ahead of time.

Premium Member

Comments

Quote Originally Posted by andydiesel
    Quote Originally Posted by bdix
    no shit for us the longest for stickers or shirts is two weeks, shit i think we have 3 or 4 72 hour or less rush jobs in right now.

Posters on the other hand have to be scheduled about a month ahead of time.
    Word. We had a politician from Houston send us a shirt last night that I had to re-create (by scanning the freaking shirt) and they're due in the next 2 hours. Just got approved, just sent the art to the screen department.
    "no one best touch my Benz or capriz, lest they want a foo in dey azz" -Merf
    "pancakes sound dope." -Peveto

"Jesus pancakes sound dope." -Peveto 2010
    "i'm dropping like mad, yo." -Jay Ryan
    "Any halftizzles up in yo shizzle? You've got moizizzle." -RichieGoodtimes
    "bdix - 5 stars" -Poguemahone
    "hail the mighty bacon." -Farley
    "them's some sweet socks" -Fruitstripe Peveto
    "not with you the force is" - Ferg

posters
    twitter
    twitter KLCTVEfusion
    facebook
    d
    ribble

Comments

Default Re: Professional Screenprinters - Take note

Quote Originally Posted by RavenousMedia
    If someone comes to you with a project, and there's a chance you won't be able to get to it in time - DON'T TAKE THE PROJECT. If some unavoidable shit comes up, let the client know early on, maybe send your overflow to another printer. DON'T tell them at the last second you can't print it when 3 weeks earlier you made an agreement to do it quickly.

This is the second printer in a row I've been burned by, I'm starting to get a pretty negative view of the industry. I'm to the point where I think I'd be better off learning to print myself. It makes me look bad when the show comes up and the posters I promised aren't there, not to mention the days wasted designing the thing.

Screenprinters - if a new client comes along, treat them well - they may end up giving you a ton of repeat business or recommend their friends.
    professional screen printers don't do what you describe.

Premium Member

Comments

They do indeed rich, twice now. (I wish I would have gone with you instead) Also, thanks andydiesel for turning the project down when you knew you wouldn't be able to do it - there's at least some honest printers out there. Both of you also gave me advice on how to set up the image, and I appreciate that.

Problem with posters is that a show will often pop up with less than a month notice. But I made it clear to both printers both times about the timeframe - if it can't be done in that timeframe don't accept the job, simple as that.

Comments

well, don't let it sour you on the entire industry. there are lots of great, responsible shops out there.

Comments

Quote Originally Posted by RavenousMedia
    They do indeed rich, twice now. (I wish I would have gone with you instead) Also, thanks andydiesel for turning the project down when you knew you wouldn't be able to do it - there's at least some honest printers out there. Both of you also gave me advice on how to set up the image, and I appreciate that.

Problem with posters is that a show will often pop up with less than a month notice. But I made it clear to both printers both times about the timeframe - if it can't be done in that timeframe don't accept the job, simple as that.
    Rich is good. He now has a auto press too.

Our turn around is approx 5 biz days from deposit/approval.

If its a rush (almost all jobs are).. then we carge 50% extra of the total cost.

3 weeks is MORE than enough time to get your job done!