Gig Posters

Posters: 155198 | Bands: 135207 | Designers: 11481                 

RSS Feeds

Username:   Password: 
Register      

Social Networking Activity                 

Bands  Designers  New Arrivals  Top Lists  Forums  Buy Posters  Submit  Merch Store  Advertise  Widgets  Help

Comments

Default equipment equals bankrupt

Do any of you find yourself loosing lots of money by buying equipment, ink, and paper? I feel like I never get anywhere, but I still feed the endless money grabing fire.

I feel exactly the opposite. I feel that equipment makes money.

Comments

you have to spend it to make it.

Comments

agreed. 2 jobs paid for a new vaccuum table and 5color tshirt press + extras, now i can do bigger jobs much faster and easier to make more money, which i will invest in more good equipment.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael M. Motorcycle
    I feel exactly the opposite. I feel that equipment makes money.

Premium Member

Comments

Maybe you should quit screening. I haven't scene a scent of profit, but I'm havin a good time doing what I do. If I wasn't, I wouldn't be willing to spend my extra cash on buying new screens, ink, and the like. It should be about making money to some point, but if you go home unhappy, is it worth it? Sorry to get all philosophical.
    Happy screening!

Comments

Default word.

I mean I love doing it, its fun. I just feel like all my money goes to it, im a full time student and have two jobs. Im broke, but I always want to spend money on new screening stuff...

Comments

It's always hard when there's no customer base. I only way it will ever work is buy figuring out what can I print that makes good cash with the least amount of expense. It sound easy but as an example if poster ink cost twice as much as t-shirt then that one way to look at it but to print poster you don't need a t-shirt dryer. It all about really sitting down and working the numbers. Not kinda throwing the numbers around in your head
    If you can do it all in your garage for now, do that until it's so crazy that you have to find a shop. I always try my best to look at profit and not money changing hands. I suck at numbers but the thing that has kept me in the game is fuguring what it really cost to make T-shirts, stickers, and poster. For me it has always been t-shirts.
    Don't be afraid to ask for money up front I do it all the time. The way I look at it. If I'm going to go out and buy somthing I need cash and it works both ways. People who back peddle when you ask for money up front are peole I stay away from.

my 2 cents

-loco

Comments

It's always hard when there's no customer base. I only way it will ever work is buy figuring out what can I print that makes good cash with the least amount of expense. It sound easy but as an example if poster ink cost twice as much as t-shirt then that one way to look at it but to print poster you don't need a t-shirt dryer. It all about really sitting down and working the numbers. Not kinda throwing the numbers around in your head
    If you can do it all in your garage for now, do that until it's so crazy that you have to find a shop. I always try my best to look at profit and not money changing hands. I suck at numbers but the thing that has kept me in the game is fuguring what it really cost to make T-shirts, stickers, and poster. For me it has always been t-shirts.
    Don't be afraid to ask for money up front I do it all the time. The way I look at it. If I'm going to go out and buy somthing I need cash and it works both ways. People who back peddle when you ask for money up front are peole I stay away from.

my 2 cents

-loco

Comments

my 2 cents

-loco

Premium Member

Manchester, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    Comments

3 cents there Loco, good advice though.I started screening t's a year ago now, it pays the bills, and allows me to do my poster work,the hard work pays off, you only get out of what you put in.Good Luck.