Gig Posters

Posters: 154911 | Bands: 135024 | Designers: 11471                 

RSS Feeds

Username:   Password: 
Register      

Social Networking Activity                 

Bands  Designers  New Arrivals  Top Lists  Forums  Buy Posters  Submit  Merch Store  Advertise  Widgets  Help

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default FLATSTOCK 2: the sign up?

obviously the final decission on this is up to jermaine and factor27 (and i kno they will do everyone right) but i've been thinking about this and thought i'd get it up for discussion. how are we going to do the sign up? or is it going to be invite ( a rumor that was going around sunday)? i don't want to sound like a 'clique' but i do think that all the original 'stockers' should have first chance at getting in. i don't mean to exclude any of the current 'non-stockers' i just think that the original crew really took a chance and because of them it was a success. any thoughts anyone.

Comments

i was curious about this myself. i also heard the rumor that it was going to be invite only. im not sure that i would even be able to go to FS2, but it would be nice to have the opportunity if i could. i think with the second event being connected with SXSW, there would be more of a market for us smaller artists doing work for underground/indie bands than there were in SF.

either way, if i can come out there (even just to hang), i will.

Comments

I sent a long letter to SXSW since I'm still in Cali and won't be able to meet them until I get back. It was very long and outlined lots of ideas. Ultimately it will prob. be up to SXSW as to the parameters if they are supplying the space. Right now I have zero details past the date of the event which is march 7 through march 16 with the music portion being the 12th through the 16th.

I can tell you there is a HUGE difference in "industry" focus at SXSW vs. Flatstock 1. Flatstock 1 was more fan and collector centric. 2 will hopefully continue that but allow all of you to really get serious industry/corporate exposure. This may sound funny but it won't/shouldn't be about selling your posters this time. It's about selling your skills.

SXSW is a party in itself but the trade show during the day is the time to get all pro and get noticed. Consider that when making your plans. Print Mafia had THE set up we all should have our presentations 100% better. Plenty of freebie swag for the industry types to take back. SXSW passes out big ass bags for people to fill up with crap. It should be your crap they want to take.

I hope to convince SXSW to embrace everything that made 1 so awesome but expect 2 to really expand the idea to the next level.

It's time to kick this into gear

Comments

yeah, geoff-you're right on the money. when i participated in the interactice fest, it was ALL about the promo and making connections. SXSW could be like a huge jobfest for everyone. all kinds of swag-stickers, magnets, monitor cleaners, beer koozies, the more different the better. i think anyone that comes corrct is gonna be able to fare really well for themselves business wise. like, print mafia would have had people talking for sure. the industry folks eat that shit up.

ok,...it's official then. print mafia will design all our swag and we'll just hand them a blank check at sxsw.

Comments

you guys sold stuff?
    whoa!
    seriously, we would love to attend a number 2 but it it's invite only we probably won't be asked

Comments

If I haven't mentioned this I planted this part 2 seed about three or more months ago down at SXSW. It is a MUCH larger scale event and will take much more effort and we all saw how much went into the first one.

They are totally into it and have ideas of their own. I've met them twice already and will have many more meetings. Everything we discuss will be relayed here and on the flatstock site so just stay tuned. And please send suggestions to me at gpeveto@factor27.com. All ideas are welcome just keep in mind people outside our community will be making descisions this time.

Where people drive like complete assholes.
    Comments

Just starting out I don't have the catalog of posters all lot of the artists onhere have.
    But I'd love to go to the FS2. Hopefully by then I'll have more to show. Even to go and meet some of you guys and gals. Hey, I have an idea.. let's have it in Boston!!!
    Yeah.

Where people drive like complete assholes.
    Comments

Seriously though, I wasn't at Flatstock. How many east coast artist represented?

Premium Member

Comments

peveto you rock. make sure you are all pretty and stuff when you have the meetings.... if you have to do a casting couch... dammit, take one for the team!!! and no show is complete without that crazy charlie

this would be the best thing happening in texas since the cowboys got creamed by the eagles.
    "i pretty much think dave has nothing of any value to offer anyone on gigposters.com"-jay ryan
    "im the brown note of lighting"-me

PSTRSTOM-N-DAVE.COM •My Blog For New Attitions To Our Site ROMG!!!! •My Myspace Acct!