Gig Posters

Posters: 156080 | Bands: 135797 | Designers: 11529                 

RSS Feeds

Username:   Password: 
Register      

Social Networking Activity                 

Bands  Designers  New Arrivals  Top Lists  Forums  Buy Posters  Submit  Merch Store  Advertise  Widgets  Help

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Head Honcho

Comments

Default Gigposters.com Classifieds / Froogle

I am proud to announce that ALL gigposters.com classified ads are now appearing on Froogle.

Froogle is Google's product search service and offers a great way to find information about things for sale online.

CLICK HERE TO CHECK IT OUT

*NOTE - the classifieds that are currently on Froogle are from my initial data feed from a week or 2 ago. It should update to include everything in the next couple of days.

The data feed will be sent to Froogle daily, and may take up to 2 days for new classified ads to appear on Froogle.
    *PLEASE DO NOT PM ME WITH SUPPORT REQUESTS - CLICK THE CONTACT LINK AT THE BOTTOM OF THE PAGE*

Comments

awesome!!!

Comments

bravo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Premium Member

Comments

way cool.

Premium Member

Comments

Holy Frijole. I guess we all get a first dibs offering on gigposters stock when it comes up?

Premium Member

Comments

Clay - you probably already set up something similiar, but if not - I can send you a script that opens and writes to a file then ftps that file froogle. Set it to a cron job and you're set. (You wouldn't believe some of the backwards-ass ways I've seen people send feeds...)

Head Honcho

Comments

Quote Originally Posted by RavenousMedia
    Clay - you probably already set up something similiar, but if not - I can send you a script that opens and writes to a file then ftps that file froogle. Set it to a cron job and you're set. (You wouldn't believe some of the backwards-ass ways I've seen people send feeds...)
    Yes please! I was going to write one .. but if you have one, I'd love to test it out. Thanks!
    *PLEASE DO NOT PM ME WITH SUPPORT REQUESTS - CLICK THE CONTACT LINK AT THE BOTTOM OF THE PAGE*

Comments

can people get hooked up to one of those RSS feeds for their personal sites as well?

Premium Member

Comments

Sent the file to help@gigposters.com

this feed's different then an RSS feed. Does gigposters have an rss feed? That might be pretty cool - I'm sure there'd be a few sites that would want to pick that up (if they've got the know-how).

Head Honcho

Comments

I can turn on a forum feed in less than 30 seconds if anyone would use it.

I could create a poster feed or something .. but I'm not sure what would be the point. (unless someone has a good idea for this)

I could create a classifieds feed .. but I'm not sure who would use that.

I could create a random thumb script that people could use .. if anyone is interested. (chances are ... designers wouldn't want to display other people's posters on their sites .. but there might be other sites out there that would use it.) Please let me know if you are interested in this. If anyone is .. I can build it.