Gig Posters

Posters: 156080 | Bands: 135806 | Designers: 11531                 

RSS Feeds

Username:   Password: 
Register      

Social Networking Activity                 

Bands  Designers  New Arrivals  Top Lists  Forums  Buy Posters  Submit  Merch Store  Advertise  Widgets  Help

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Comments

Default Flatstock - the participants

met some really great people, thought i would give you my take on the other participants at the show:

chloe and yannick: lots of fun! made lots of plans, and yannick's accent maybe turns me on.

print mafia: fucking work horses, jesus they had soooo much swag. nice southern folk.

mike murphy: well, i talked to him for all of 5 minutes at the closing party, seemed nice.

jay ryan: a teddy bear. just makes ya wanna hug him.

factor 27: nice folk, i still dont know who is who.

keith h: hilarious most fun loving guy ive ever met.

steve (screwball): super fucking cool guy, gave me a chris ware poster

r. goodtimes: surprisingly quiet and soft spoken. i bummed a smoke from him.

max floride: seemed really nice and down to earth.

jermaine rogers: introduced me to his wife.

uncle charlie: i barely talked to him (or anyone else really) but he seemed super fucking cool. his wife is hot!

jay vollmar: super quiet guy. sorry we couldnt hook up on sunday nite, we tried calling and kept getting disconnected.

darren and tara: super nice folk. darren is hilarious and tara is super sweet.

kleinsmith and blt: brian is really super quiet, jeff was really nice and handsomely dressed. we hung out in the smoking room.

scrojo: super cool guy!

mike king: our saviour with the rental car! thanks for hanging with us, you made the trip worth while for myself and the seripop folks.

guy burwell: if mike was our saviour you were his sidekick. super fucking cool guy. look forward to the new shit that you have coming up!!

frank kozik: we exchanged words 2 times the whole trip. 1. "is kevin jones here?" - pre-setup, 2. "watch out kevin." - as he moved cardboard from behind our table. oh and i have a nice polaroid of him giving me the bird.

there were a ton of other people there, and it was super hard to connect the face with the screenname. also, im pretty antisocial, and didnt really say much to anyone. sorry if i left anyone out, it was nice meeting you all.

Comments

oh and biped was cool. sorry i was like "drunk" when i talked to you but the coffee that was there was super strong, and well, i had like five cups and i was tweaking.

Comments

Kevin, it was great to see you.. Glad you made it..

Comments

thanks charlie!

also, paul g. (i see you down there) was very nice and interesting to talk to, i think that the upcoming book is going to be super. thanks again for breakfast!

thanks kevin* it was great to meet you too. i wish i had more of a chance to talk but that pretty much goes for everyone. just too many smooth mothers in one hippie-wherehouse. thanks for squeezing me into king's 'love-mobile' (....one of my favorite quotes from the weekend "i find chantry refreshing.")

Comments

Dude, I was tweaking on the coffee, too. Post yer polaroids, Kevin Jones.

I'm so bummed out, sputteringal was gonna let me borrow his video camera, but I never got it. Therefore I had no camera or nuthin. Not even time to draw a picture of y'sall.

Funny thing is, I'm having a potluck/badmintonathon this Sunday at my pad and my instinct was to invite all of you people... but shit, you're not here! I guess I'll have to wait til March.

Comments

will do. need to scan em when i get home.

Comments

ahhHummm... I think you forgot someone...I was only right across from you...

OK, are you still mad that I never got a hold of you...I really did try calling you back!

haha

Comments

haha. yes, i did meet dave gink and he was cool as fuck too! i didnt get one of yer flatstock posters, but the fact that there was another pale honky from the midwest in my general area made me feel a lot more comfortable!!

Comments

Dude...sorry man, I'll make sure you get one!

haha, I don't think I saw the sun once this summer! I chain myself to the computer with all the window shades drawn and do the evil docter Ginkenstein thing.