Gig Posters

Posters: 156034 | Bands: 135776 | Designers: 11528                 

RSS Feeds

Username:   Password: 
Register      

Social Networking Activity                 

Bands  Designers  New Arrivals  Top Lists  Forums  Buy Posters  Submit  Merch Store  Advertise  Widgets  Help

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Comments

Default Block type inking...

I am looking for a way to aviod having to buy pre-made carving blocks. I just tried a piece using condensed fun foam and found the foam to soak up to much ink. I am now thinking of buying linolium floor tile and gluing it to wood and just doing my carvings from that. Also, I have been using a water base block type ink that gets way to gummy, I am thinking of switching to oils.

Any suggestions for blocks, inks or quik fixes for getting a good solid impression on the paper using cheap methods.

Premium Member

Comments

i usually get lino blocks from dick blick. probably a lot cheaper and easier than cutting boards and gluing linolium on by hand.

Comments

If your using hand rollers to print, rather then a printing press, I don't even bother gluing the lino to a block of wood. I just use the lino as is. I find it easier to to get a better imageand to peel away from the paper once I've got the image down too.

Comments

get cheap plywood or osb (i use 3/4") and a roll of battleship linoleum. Itll be cheap as fuck, just do it all yourself. if you have a book press, youre made in the shade, otherwise, get some c-clamps and more plywood and clamp that shit down tight, sandwitch style

Comments

Quote Originally Posted by nemotron
    get cheap plywood or osb (i use 3/4") and a roll of battleship linoleum. Itll be cheap as fuck, just do it all yourself. if you have a book press, youre made in the shade, otherwise, get some c-clamps and more plywood and clamp that shit down tight, sandwitch style
    Ya, I haven't even though about the clamps yet. I am going to try the linoleum and swich to oil based inks and see how that combo works.

I found an old POCO Proof Press in Arkansas that I am trying to figure out a way to get. It weighs 700 pounds, I don't own a vehicle that could support that kinda weight.

Awsome press though, prints up to 18 x 24:

Comments

Quote Originally Posted by nemotron
    I just ordered some 18" x 18" linoleum sheets from Dick Blick and will be using a similar method of sandwiching the print between two sheets of plywood. I've decided to try an alternative press...namely my car.

50/50 chance it will either work great or fuck up horribly.

Comments

balsa wood sanded works very well for woodcuts...it's cheaper than buying lino, but you can use the same tools.

Comments

Quote Originally Posted by HUNT
    damn, I wish I could have this !

Quote Originally Posted by HUNT
    DAMN. I've been looking for a decent used etch press for years.. how much you get that for?

Comments

Your gonna crap your pants...

$50.00