Gig Posters

Posters: 156383 | Bands: 135985 | Designers: 11550                 

RSS Feeds

Username:   Password: 
Register      

Social Networking Activity                 

Bands  Designers  New Arrivals  Top Lists  Forums  Buy Posters  Submit  Merch Store  Advertise  Widgets  Help

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Comments

Default Flatstock what worked what didn't?

So Jermaine and Factor27 are working on the second Flatstock to happen during SXSW in March. What worked best and what didn't work about this one? Lay your feedback on this thread so we can make #2 even smoother.

First thing I suggest is you all get a Pay Pal acct. We made about three or four hundered dollars because we we're able to take credit cards Sat and Sun. We would not have made those sales wirthout the acct. It's EASY to set it up just go to www.paypal.com and get an acct.

I will be shocked if SXSW can't provide a internet hook up that will allow customers to log in and use a credit card. We hooked up at Cellspace and it's nothing like the convention center.

So post your sugestions and we'll work them in.

p.s. If anyone in Texas is wanting to get involved with the organization please contact me or Jermaine so we can keep it organized. I've already been meeting with SXSW and the Austin Chronicle for about three months now. Wheels are in motion.

Comments

Geoff- I'm willing to help with whatever, don't hesitate to contact me.

I like the fact that Flatstock was open to the public, would it be the same for F2? R U saying it's gonna be at the convention center?

Comments

i went to the interactive festival 2 years ago-internet hook up in the convention center should be no problem-probably could even have a GOOD webcam going...

Comments

The last thing I talked about with SXSW was "let me see what worked at Flatstock 1 and then we can discuss where to have it and what we want to do." They want to tie it to the Trade Show and possibly the Pannels and even the two books Spencer and Paul are working on. There are many ideas and possibilities so we have lots of work to do. We do want to keep the public involved as well as give all the artists more industry exposure. There were cool connections made this time but the entire music world will be in Austin. Want to totally take advantage of that. The Mercury already said we could have a day party there for two days if we want. Really endless possiblities for #2.

Comments

I want dancing midgets at this one.

Comments

you mean, besides me?

Comments

you lead them around. on a leash

what worked:
    *the comradery: that was fucking amazing. egos were put aside and from the word go everyone was hauling tables and helping each other in any way possible.

*free to the public: i don't kno if it's possible to do it at sxsw but if there is a way...

*saturday party: even tho it was open to the public it was pretty much just 'us'. it might be a cool idea to have an 'opening' get together the night before w/ just 'the stockers' so we can just relax, get to know one another (mabey even biblically) and skrew around w/out having to worry about making a sale or shmoozing. damn, that was a great party tho ( altho i'm going to have nightmares of richie goodtimes chasing after my cab at 2in the morning).

what didn't work:
    the only thing i can think of that was 'wrong' is also the biggest comedy/irony..............we didn't get out posters for our own show!!!! 24 posters were made by the world's best and all we had was spray painted cardboard slapped on a spike ( altho it was a kozik original). this is in no way a crit of frank, richie or greggg. those guys busted their nuts to promote our lazy fat butts. i think for austin that everyone attending should do a poster and have 25 delivered in good time for promotion or face a penalty fee.

...anything i can do to help for austin let me kno.

Comments

didn't this site get nominated for something in last year's interactive fest? another tie-in right there...

...one possible idea

i know this sounds cheesy but.......i think for austin we should have name badges featuring a sample of our art. i know that several times thru out the weekend i'd be talking and laughing w/ some cool cat and in the back of my mind i'm thinking ' i have no clue who you are. you are probably one of my idols and i'm too dumb to kno it.' ( and i know i'm not alone in this stupidity).

...altho jay ryan's 'hello my name is frank' was pretty fucking funny.