Gig Posters

Posters: 152981 | Bands: 133630 | Designers: 11367                 

RSS Feeds

Username:   Password: 
Register      

Social Networking Activity                 

Bands  Designers  New Arrivals  Top Lists  Forums  Buy Posters  Submit  Merch Store  Advertise  Widgets  Help

Premium Member

Comments

Default Cool stuff at Minnie screen convention

I saw lots of large format digital,(73% of the show apparently) looks like it all comes from the same factory in China....

but saw a few things of note.

1) Thick film - this isn't new, but this Agabe emulsion goes on super thick wet on wet on wet, you keep going until it is the thickness you want, then dry it.
    When you burn it, you get a super thick stencil, for printing 3D gobs of ink on shirts or other materials...

www.agabe.com

2) 'cheaper' Squeegee sharpener (Andydiesel check it out)- this is slick as shit, and cheap compared to the high price cutters. Uses a utility knife blade and a hand crank, shaves about a 1/16th off the blade in a cut, dead smooth and square.
    24" $1350
    48" $1750
    72" $2250

www.pleiger.com

and of course...

3) Grumpy's/OxOp
    Drifted in later Saturday afternoon for that quintessential American experience...getting drunk in a 'real' neighbourhood bar watching the Twins almost win against the Yankees.... One of the staff was kind enough to open the gallery up for a private walk through, everybody was cool, until the hordes showed up after the game....don't remember the cab ride back to the hotel, woke up with a splitting headache at 2:30 in the morning with the TV blaring and an early morning flight.

"Oh excuse me while I puke in this bag..."
    Andymac

services www.squeegeeville.com
    equipment www.tmiscreenprinting.com

Todo es empezar.

Premium Member

Comments

trade shows rule!!! i need to go to more!!! that emulsion is perplexing me though! weird ass shit!

Comments

Default Re: Cool stuff at Minnie screen convention

Quote Originally Posted by Andymac
    1) Thick film - this isn't new, but this Agabe emulsion goes on super thick wet on wet on wet, you keep going until it is the thickness you want, then dry it.
    When you burn it, you get a super thick stencil, for printing 3D gobs of ink on shirts or other materials...

www.agabe.com
    OK...this is the shit that makes me hate other screen printers. Hi Density is fucking retarded. Specialty inks are fucking retarded. I hate special effects.

Premium Member

Comments

i concur. i hate high density! and most specialty shit! metallics and glow in the dark are cool if use well!

Comments

i need that squeegee sharpener.

Comments

me too.

I'm wondering about that cutter one. We like to sharpen every day, that may make the blade wear down to fast.

Premium Member

Comments

Yeah, you would go through the squeegee pretty fast. this is of course being sold by a squeegee rubber company!

but man, did it put a nice edge on. Let's see, if you save $7,000 or more compared to a Theime or Encore engineering sharpener, how much squeegee would you be able to buy.....

fuck it the math hurts my brain.

Thick stencil film...

print gaskets
    braille books
    3D posters
    electronic circuits
    ceramics
    glue patterns
    really opaque ink lays

it's not always about t-shirts, although that seems to be the main interest. Richie, you (as usual) were correct, it was BORING this time. Next year, New Orleans...not boring!
    Andymac

Todo es empezar.

Comments

Quote Originally Posted by Andymac
    Yeah, you would go through the squeegee pretty fast. this is of course being sold by a squeegee rubber company!

but man, did it put a nice edge on. Let's see, if you save $7,000 or more compared to a Theime or Encore engineering sharpener, how much squeegee would you be able to buy.....

fuck it the math hurts my brain.

Thick stencil film...

print gaskets
    braille books
    3D posters
    electronic circuits
    ceramics
    glue patterns
    really opaque ink lays

it's not always about t-shirts, although that seems to be the main interest. Richie, you (as usual) were correct, it was BORING this time. Next year, New Orleans...not boring!
    I could use that thick shit to print huge ass nipples on Stainboy posters.

I'm gonna look into that sharpener anyway. I'm still looking for a used 48" diamond bit one too.

Premium Member

Comments

keep checking the classified boards at screenweb, there's new shit everyday. I will keep my eyes open for a 48" or so.
    Andymac

Todo es empezar.