Gig Posters

Posters: 156357 | Bands: 135960 | Designers: 11547                 

RSS Feeds

Username:   Password: 
Register      

Social Networking Activity                 

Bands  Designers  New Arrivals  Top Lists  Forums  Buy Posters  Submit  Merch Store  Advertise  Widgets  Help

Comments

Default Opaque Additive help

I have some speedball yellow, it's not very opaque stuff. Is there anything I can buy from an art supply store that will make it more opaque? I have about a gallon of it so I don't want to buy another brand.

White. It will change the color but will definitely make it more opaque.

Premium Member

Comments

Or underprint white, then hit it with the yellow, that's best if you want the bright yellow. You can double pull, that helps, but not much. Dry it in between for best result. Also, try a coarser mesh/rounder squeegee, that gives a thicker ink lay. Most of these light colours have shit opacity, even TW.

Shad, got your email too late re the get-together. Sorry I missed you guys. Did locate grumpys, and Richie is right, the show is kind of boring - too much digital.
    Andymac

services www.squeegeeville.com
    equipment www.tmiscreenprinting.com

Todo es empezar.

Comments

Quote Originally Posted by Andymac
    Shad, got your email too late re the get-together. Sorry I missed you guys. Did locate grumpys, and Richie is right, the show is kind of boring - too much digital.
    Good to know, I was going to go in hopes of finding some used stuff but there was a comic convention the same weekend and a bunch of cartoonists were in town. I'm glad to hear that I didn't miss much.

I don't think I'm precise enough with registration for an underlayer, I wonder if I should try housepaint.

MMM, I tried white right away, but it didn't do much until I went almost pure white. It's strange to me that white looks more opaque than yellow.