Gig Posters

Posters: 155148 | Bands: 135201 | Designers: 11481                 

RSS Feeds

Username:   Password: 
Register      

Social Networking Activity                 

Bands  Designers  New Arrivals  Top Lists  Forums  Buy Posters  Submit  Merch Store  Advertise  Widgets  Help

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Comments

Default SEPS~Opinions on this illo

I have an image I need seps on, I have had some folks tell me this is a nightmare, I wanted to get some opinions so here is a scan and a close up of the image:

Default Re: SEPS~Opinions on this illo

Quote Originally Posted by pagan
    I have an image I need seps on, I have had some folks tell me this is a nightmare, I wanted to get some opinions so here is a scan and a close up of the image:
    To be screenprinted?
    What do they mean by "nightmare"? Because of the shading or something?

Comments

For a screen print...it would take an insanely good printer to print those at a high enough linescreen to capture most of that detail.

Comments

And the sep would have to be balls on accurate too

Comments

Quote Originally Posted by RichieGoodtimes
    For a screen print...it would take an insanely good printer to print those at a high enough linescreen to capture most of that detail.
    So....Because of the line screen count in screen printing is the issue?
    Should I just nix the screenprinting and instead look for a lithographic print then? If I really wanted it screenprinted what am I looking at for costs to sep? (ballpark figure) I invite any info on a PM as well.

Any other suggestions or directions?

Comments

Should I just nix the screenprinting and instead look for a lithographic print then? If I really wanted it screenprinted what am I looking at for costs to sep? (ballpark figure) I invite any info on a PM as well.

if you want the print to look like your drawing, go with offset lithography.

if you want your print to look like a screenprinted version of your drawing, go with screenprinting (you're looking at serious manhours to make that into good seps and good printing.)
    -casey

Premium Member

Comments

you could make it a really tight halftone. you're still gonna lose alot tho. That's what I'd do for screenprinting.
    API ARTIST #217
    my posters

Comments

Quote Originally Posted by Casey Burns

if you want your print to look like a screenprinted version of your drawing, go with screenprinting (you're looking at serious manhours to make that into good seps and good printing.)
    -casey
    Problem is I drew this with out forethought of printing as it was a personal piece for me, so there was no need to figure in the trapping, etc... I want it Screen printed I can even live with a reduction due to line frequency limitations to a resonable point, I want the texture and vibe of Screen printing but I seem to lack the ability to get someone out there to give forth a straight out cost, or estimate for me.
    (Yes, I have sent it to a few printers. They were non responsive at best)

Comments

Quote Originally Posted by Casey Burns

-casey
    a lot of screen cleaning to keep that image looking good and consistant.