Gig Posters

Posters: 155313 | Bands: 135325 | Designers: 11495                 

RSS Feeds

Username:   Password: 
Register      

Social Networking Activity                 

Bands  Designers  New Arrivals  Top Lists  Forums  Buy Posters  Submit  Merch Store  Advertise  Widgets  Help

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Comments

Default I guess I fucked up.

I've been doing my first t-shirt printing TRY.
    I don't know what I did wrong but the first print came out pretty good.
    The second one looked blurry, and the third one looked really awesomely blurry.

I then kicked against the wall very hard and went away desperately.
    Can you help me?

Do I need an offset distance between screen and textile? Probably not cause the t-shirt sticks to the bottom of the screen anyway. (in my case)

The blurry thing probably appeared because after the first press a small amount of ink was on the edges of the design, on the backside (downside) of the screen?

Premium Member

Comments

not sure without more info. are you holding the shirts down to the table in any way?
    most of the time we never fish!

Comments

Well, sorry for not making myself more clear.
    I'm simply putting my shirt on a table.
    Then I put my screen on top of it and I use the squeegee to print, so there's no offset distance actually.

That's all I did.
    Oh no, I thinned my ink untill it was more or less as fluid as plain acrylic paint.

Premium Member

Comments

sounds like you need spray adhesive to hold the shirts down....otherwise they are going to wiggle around on the board and the ink from the shirts will rub off on the underside of the screen.......causing it to print blurry on the next shirt and even blurrier on the next and so on...........
    He is less remote from the truth who believes nothing than he who believes what is wrong.

My Posters
    BlackheartStudios

Comments

I see, so it's ok to have no offset distance? Or would it be better to have one anyway?

I guess instead of the spraypaint I could tape the shirt to the table as well?

Premium Member

Comments

You need off contact and you need some sort of adhesive to hold the t-shirt down. You could also use a thin, squeegeed layer of glue.
    "no one best touch my Benz or capriz, lest they want a foo in dey azz" -Merf
    "pancakes sound dope." -Peveto

"Jesus pancakes sound dope." -Peveto 2010
    "i'm dropping like mad, yo." -Jay Ryan
    "Any halftizzles up in yo shizzle? You've got moizizzle." -RichieGoodtimes
    "bdix - 5 stars" -Poguemahone
    "hail the mighty bacon." -Farley
    "them's some sweet socks" -Fruitstripe Peveto
    "not with you the force is" - Ferg

posters
    twitter
    twitter KLCTVEfusion
    facebook
    d
    ribble

Get a spray glue in a aerosol can. Tack your board, lay your shirt down (1 layer)... you should have snap/offset.. you need that screen to pull off the shirt after you nail it with ink. I wouldn't make your ink so thin...

Comments

thanks. i'll keep you posted!

Comments

another thing you may want to try would be to pin your shirt down.

i can't remember the name of the pins right now but they're about 1.5-2" long and have a kind of T head.

ghetto version:

anyways, you pin the shirt to the table, flat, don't use too runny ink, and tape a pencil to the front of your screen frame to have a bit of height.

another idea would be to tape down a crappy blanket to the table so your pins'll hold and then since it's higher and your jiffy clamps probably won't work anymore you could take 'em off and hack together a modified L frame using 2x4's and clamping that to the far edge of your table for registration.

be extra careful with your pins and always pin the shirt center-out along the edges...i.e.: away from your mesh...

hope that was somewhat clear...

remi A.

Quote Originally Posted by vaquero
    another thing you may want to try would be to pin your shirt down.

i can't remember the name of the pins right now but they're about 1.5-2" long and have a kind of T head.

ghetto version:

anyways, you pin the shirt to the table, flat, don't use too runny ink, and tape a pencil to the front of your screen frame to have a bit of height.

another idea would be to tape down a crappy blanket to the table so your pins'll hold and then since it's higher and your jiffy clamps probably won't work anymore you could take 'em off and hack together a modified L frame using 2x4's and clamping that to the far edge of your table for registration.

be extra careful with your pins and always pin the shirt center-out along the edges...i.e.: away from your mesh...

hope that was somewhat clear...

remi A.
    to print on fabric (i assume you could adjust this for printing on shirts) i've used carpet underlay stapled to a table with a layer of fabric over top. then you pin the fabric down with tailors pins (big with a t-head).