Gig Posters

Posters: 158784 | Bands: 137783 | Designers: 11678                 

RSS Feeds

Username:   Password: 
Register      

Social Networking Activity                 

Bands  Designers  New Arrivals  Top Lists  Forums  Buy Posters  Submit  Merch Store  Advertise  Widgets  Help

Comments

Default The 50/50 split shows

I've had some great nights with the 50/50 cash split at the end of the night, but sometimes not so much. Do any of you set up a break even point with jobs of this nature? Say, getting full profit from the first 3-5 prints to make sure supplies are covered etc..? I haven't introduced this yet but am definitely considering. Thoughts? Throw em down!

thanks,
    Matt

Premium Member

Comments

i will only do 50/50 after my expenses are covered. Otherwise no deal.

Comments

Quote Originally Posted by lil_tuffy View Post
    i will only do 50/50 after my expenses are covered. Otherwise no deal.
    This should be the standard imo

Premium Member

Comments

Unless you're JUST starting out and literally have nothing to show people, try not to front your design time.

NEVER front the cost of paper, ink, emulsion, wear & tear on tools & equipment (mesh, squeegee, vac table, clamps, scoop coater, ink spatulas...) unless you're doing someone a favour, and don't do too many favours or you'll be a chump. And broke.

Give quotes for printing ONLY, with a few different options (# of prints and # of colours), and then state your hourly rate for design. Let the client decide how much money they wanna spend on a design, and do that much work. A portfolio comes in handy so you can show people examples of designs that have taken X hours, and they can get an idea of what their money will get them.

Way easier and way more straightforward to sell the posters wholesale to the band and pay yourself a fair wage than to front a bunch of expenses and hope the band's popular enough / the crowd's drunk enough to pay you back.