Gig Posters

Posters: 155313 | Bands: 135328 | Designers: 11495                 

RSS Feeds

Username:   Password: 
Register      

Social Networking Activity                 

Bands  Designers  New Arrivals  Top Lists  Forums  Buy Posters  Submit  Merch Store  Advertise  Widgets  Help

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: reclaim help!

Comments

Default reclaim help!

i went to reclaim a couple of my screens yesterday the same way i have for the last 5 months and all of a sudden i am having a problem -- the emulsion is hardly coming out (if at all) and a green stain is being left behind on the fabric. here is what i am using and doing and possible problems:

305 count yellow died mesh
    nazdar emulsion and reclaimer

1. just recently i've had the problem of when i go to print the emulsion on the screen sticks to the paper after it has been burned and dryed. the solution i found was to put it in the sun for a while (i.e. burn it some more)
    2. my emulsion is probably over 3 months old, but has been refrig. the whole time.

so, i know if you underburn a screen the reclaimer will lock in the emulsion. but can you over burn a screen? maybe putting them in the sun is making it harder to reclaim?

also: whats the best process for using the reclaimer liquid. i've just been mixing it 50/50 with water in a spray bottle. then i spray the screen and scrub it with a nylon brush. as i said, this has worked wonderfully. but how do others use the stuff?

thanks, franklin

Comments

Is it just a stain or is it blocked?

Stained mesh isn't really a problem.

Comments

Default Re: reclaim help!

Quote Originally Posted by awkwardobligation
    also: whats the best process for using the reclaimer liquid. i've just been mixing it 50/50 with water in a spray bottle. then i spray the screen and scrub it with a nylon brush. as i said, this has worked wonderfully. but how do others use the stuff?
    mix it the way the directions say or stronger.

Comments

stronger mix...i use amost undiluted stencil remover and have no probs.

ghosting of the last print is normal for me but it doesnt effect my printing at all...like richie said

Comments

Quote Originally Posted by jasoncross
    stronger mix...i use amost undiluted stencil remover and have no probs.

ghosting of the last print is normal for me but it doesnt effect my printing at all...like richie said
    I just tried a new concentrated reclaimer that said to mix it with 5 gallons of water. We mixed it with three gallons of water and the emulsion comes off almost instantly.

Comments

the screen is just stained green from the emulsion - not blocked. but, again, a new problem and kind of irritating, but i'm sure it will print fine.

the nazdar stuff never comes with directions, i'll just email those fools.

but i was wondering about burning. i know underburning makes reclaiming hard/impossible. but will throwing the screen back on the table for a bit or putting it in the sun affect reclaiming?

thanks. -f

Comments

Latest word from the screen print scientists is that re-exposing a screen after initial exposure does nothing. The reaction only takes place once.

Comments

Quote Originally Posted by RichieGoodtimes
    Latest word from the screen print scientists is that re-exposing a screen after initial exposure does nothing. The reaction only takes place once.
    is this really true? I still double expose every now and then.

Comments

could be a couple things. your emulsion was underexposed making it hard to reclaim and leaving behind residue. or you left your emulsion remover on too long which makes the emulsion form a tight bond with the screen.

Comments

throw your screens, a jug of bleach, and an old rag in your car and drive to the car wash. wipe the screens down with bleach, have a smoke, then plunk some quarters into that beast and blast the hell out of them.

should take care of business.

as far as the sticky emulsion situation, i have no clue.