Gig Posters

Posters: 155313 | Bands: 135328 | Designers: 11495                 

RSS Feeds

Username:   Password: 
Register      

Social Networking Activity                 

Bands  Designers  New Arrivals  Top Lists  Forums  Buy Posters  Submit  Merch Store  Advertise  Widgets  Help

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

We have never censored any of the content of this site before. We allow all artists a place to showcase and promote their poster work.

This is a situation where illegal activities have taken place. (99.9% of you have no idea what this is even about) You are making assumptions based on little knowledge of the incident.

This forum IS for ALL artists. Nothing has changed.

I don't know what else I can do for you people. I put in hundreds of hours of my own time for this site. I make no money off it. It has helped out TONS of people.

Tell me now. What am I doing wrong by deleting a couple posts and protecting my site from getting destroyed.

Comments

so what did I post that was illegal?

I only stated to cut out the egos and bashing being done by a certain artist, and that the community was watcching his actions.

Comments

so you cave in instead of protecting free speech....

Your priorities must be different in Canada...that's not what believe in America.

I may not like what that certain artist had to say, but I would defend with my dying breath the right to say it.

the only person he was hurting was himself, after all.

Welcome to Hell, I'll be your tour guide...
    Comments

Well, the posts *I* read that were deleted had NOTHING slanderous OR defamatory in them. If you are going to censor, maybe you should look up the definitions of the terms before cutting any posts.

I, for one, say let all post what they may. Your readers aren't stupid, let them form their own opinions.

If an artist wants to come on here and make an @ss out of themselves, let them. I know there is at least two people whose art & income I won't support with my money from reading their posts. So let it be.

As for the liability that you & gigposters supposedly shoulder, maybe you should discuss it with your lawyer if you have not done so already to determine exactly what you are & are not responsible for. I am ASSuming that you may not have done this yet, please forgive the assumption if you have.

The other choice you have is to remove the forum altogether and just be a venue to post pretty pics.

Censorship SUCKS.

On 2001-12-18 08:56, joeposter wrote:
    so what did I post that was illegal?

I only stated to cut out the egos and bashing being done by a certain artist, and that the community was watching his actions.
    Nothing you said was illegal. My intent was to end this discussion and bashing that is absolutely ruining my site .. and possibly my life.

I'm sorry. If I could bring back your post, I would. My fault.

On 2001-12-18 08:54, art chantry wrote:
    fuck that.

art
    Fuck what?

Comments

I think what may be the issue that we know nothign about that the Admin alludes to is this:

Some artists do not like their work being posted on sites, magazines, books, etc. without their express written permission. It brings to light copyright/ownership issues etc.

Gary Larson had a big problem with this and his Far Side strip getting placed all over the internet. He said he loved the adoration, but that legally the people's sites were profitting off of his work being on there in some cases and thus he asked that all be removed. I dont' totally agree, but can kind of see the point here.

Perhaps that's what is at stake here is copyright infringements?

What might also be at stake is that certain people are posting under the assumed identity of an established designer, and are coming on here, stirring up shit, to slander this person's name by making them look like an asshole...This seems likely due to the SEVERAL "art chantry"'s on here.

I love this site and dont' want to see it die or to see the people who run it lose their shirts over the illegal activities of ceratin people not brave enough to post under their real names.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Nolen Strals on 2001-12-18 09:11 ]</font>

Welcome to Hell, I'll be your tour guide...
    Comments

What does copyright infringement have to do with censorship?