Gig Posters

Posters: 156357 | Bands: 135966 | Designers: 11548                 

RSS Feeds

Username:   Password: 
Register      

Social Networking Activity                 

Bands  Designers  New Arrivals  Top Lists  Forums  Buy Posters  Submit  Merch Store  Advertise  Widgets  Help

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: RICHIE/ BDIX

Comments

Default RICHIE/ BDIX

I am about to rip my teachers fucking head off. He is telling me that I absolutely cannot print a halftone on t-shirt. I just cant bring myself to believe him so I am seeking out the masters input. I already asked andydiesel about this and he recommended your guys input and thought you would also get a kick out of this. I want to print white ink on black fabric and he says it will not look anything like the pic. He says at least 2 pulls flash 2 pulls flash 2 pulls flash.....???? Yeah 6 pulls and 3 flashes at least. Then with all those pulls I am losing my dot and therefore detail. He said the best way would be to print a white base then print black over. HASSLE. Could I just blow my dots out in PS to compensate? Thoughts?
    We are running 45lpi I believe and using Nazdar plastisol (maybe) and outputting on vellum but I can output film on an imagesetter in another class. I will try and post a pic of it as well. What the fuck should I do? step by step would be neato.....

Comments

oh i forgot to tell you earlier, on friday we printed 400 shirts with halftones in them.

That teacher is wacko insano.

Comments

Oh dude you have no idea. This guy is a short bald rollie pollie that sounds like Billy Bob Thorton in Slingblade. I asked him about outputting channels from ps and he just got this glazed look in his eyes then snapped back into reality and goes not gonna happen. Bull shit. Thank god for this site, or I would just be some dolt taking his shit in and treating it like gold.

Comments

That's hilarious. What school is this?

Comments

Pittsburg State University in Pittsburg Kansas. Graphics and Imaging technology department. It is supposed to be a very good program, which certain aspects of it are. Our preflighting program is top notch and print management (what I am in) are excellent. The commercial graphics (what I started in), Web design, digital media and screenprinting programs BITE! Instructors are way out of the loop technology and creativity wise. Not very innovative programs.

Premium Member

Comments

tell that guy I said he is a fucking idiot as soon as the class is over.

6 pulls 3 flashes...i'd like to see the shit he's printing.

Premium Member

Comments

Quote Originally Posted by B-DROID
    Pittsburg State University in Pittsburg Kansas. Graphics and Imaging technology department. It is supposed to be a very good program, which certain aspects of it are. Our preflighting program is top notch and print management (what I am in) are excellent. The commercial graphics (what I started in), Web design, digital media and screenprinting programs BITE! Instructors are way out of the loop technology and creativity wise. Not very innovative programs.
    sounds like the print makind dept at Memphis

Comments

post what you want to print.

in some cases it's really nice to do all the halftones on one screen and all the solid areas on another screen even if they are the same color. That way you get a finer detail end product cause you can pull your stroke accordingly.

higher mesh 195-305, harder squeegee, and less angle for the half tone screen

and

lower mesh 110-156, softer squeegee, and little bit ore angle for the solig areas of coverage.

but as i said earlier, richie and bobby know a shit load more about shit printing than me.

Comments

Alright heres the image but I cut out the background so its only Ronnie and the podium. The only solid is text above and below the image, from illustrator..
    Resized in PS to 90ppi, adjusted levels, all that jazz.

We are using 305s, but no real selection on squegees.
    and everyone else is printing on white cardstock with black plastisol, I just want to be different, and difficult, and actually learn something....

Comments

el BUMPO